Won’t display UK map theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinW

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In Wes Tripps thread lauding the XT I commented that the map was a bit meh. Birdseye imagery improves things but I subsequently worked out my problem. The map theme is checked as “United Kingdom” and the little pop up shows A roads as red, motorway blue, B roads yellow. Great, so save that. Return to home page, open the map and I get what I think is the “garmin” map theme that really is not the best for distinguishing road types.

I have tried a restore of defaults, and also saving any of several of the other themes which do save and display as per the pop up when opening the main map. When returning to the uk though it won’t save and defaults to the Garmin theme.

Even weirder, if I change the device profile from motorcycle to car, or to off road then I do get the uk map theme displayed. Which is sort of a solution but it’s not right.

Any ideas chaps.

Stand down. I’ve worked it out. I had the topographic map layer checked on the motorcycle profile. Uncheck that and I get the clearer road view but lose the topo detail. Which is a shame as together they combine well in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom