Fuel injector spray pattern

Steven 0001

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, im looking at the fuel injectors on my 05 1150gsa. The bike is a bit slow on a cold start, takes 4/5 goes and then itll go. Im sure its fuel related. I pulled the injectors and tested the spray on a bit of cardboard. With no throttle it only sprays fuel about 2/3 inches in a 1 onch wide pattern. I think this seems a little on the lean side....

Hi all, im looking at the fuel injectors on my 05 1150gsa. The bike is a bit slow on a cold start, takes 4/5 goes and then itll go. Im sure its fuel related. I pulled the injectors and tested the spray on a bit of cardboard. With no throttle it only sprays fuel about 2/3 inches in a 1 onch wide pattern. I think this seems a little on the lean side....

I take it this is a joke.
How can you measure pressures,timing. Spray pattern etc using a bit of cardboard. :blast
How old is the bike ? What mileage ? How old is the battery ? Is it charging correctly ? Have you checked for contamination in the fuel , and many other things before checking the injection system. If it runs. It’s getting fuel.

I take it this is a joke.
How can you measure pressures,timing. Spray pattern etc using a bit of cardboard. :blast
How old is the bike ? What mileage ? How old is the battery ? Is it charging correctly ? Have you checked for contamination in the fuel , and many other things before checking the injection system. If it runs. It’s getting fuel.
https://youtu.be/q2nBqR463W8
I just followed this instructional video. Which clearly has the bmw technician testing it with a piece of cardboard....
As stated in my original post its an 05 bike.
Mileage is 37000.
Its definitely not an electrical problem. Brand new battery, new starter motor, new hall sensor. Changed the fuel lines in the tank including ubend hose,new fuel filter, flushed the tank through. Fuel pump is fine. So i thought maybe if the injectors weren't up to scratch they might be slightly limiting the fuel going through on start up hence the starting problem.

Sorry i forgot to add, the bike was sat for about 6 years with old fuel in it so i thought maybe it might have gunked the injectors

why not send inj's for a clean and test , about £20 each . then you'll know .

pattern should be a cone , not a jet , 2/3/4 inches long ?

Back
Top Bottom