ACF treatment near Durham

Wobble

Hugh Janus
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve been trying unsuccessfully for a few weeks to get the nearest all year biker to come up and clean and ACF the bike, but he seems reluctant to answer the phone and answer emails.

We had an initial chat (well he replied to my initial email) but since then it’s been silence. I even offered to pay the extra for mileage. There may be a good reason for the lack of reply, but the bike remains untreated and I’m nit able or willing to do it myself.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a treatment in the Durham area, preferably one that does home visits.

Clean machine

Yorkshire but I know Dave travels.

Dave Lee 07935 531316, on Facebook too.

TD.
:thumb2

I had the same problem.

ended up doing it myself in the end, i did ok but used £27 worth in one coat :eek:
at least i know its covered for this winter.

I covered the tyres and discs while doing it with sheets
but after i parked it away in the garage, the next day got the bike out and ACF had dripped all over the tyres and discs!

so i had to scrub them with soapy water before going out

im sure i will be better next time, i wont use the Wagner paint sprayer to apply it next time.
think i will just buy the aerosol can like my mate does.

Had my Hexhead GSA professional done 5 years ago, great service and I was very happy with it but at £70 a time I decided to do it myself the following year and have done on both bikes ever since. Rather than spraying it on I use a microfibre towel that is soaked in ACF50 and just wipe the bike down after a good wash and clean, then just wipe the bike down again after every wash over the winter. The first application takes a while due to the longer and more thorough cleaning process but from then on it’s a 10 minute job. I’ve had no corrosion on either bike and they are used all year round so assume it’s doing it’s job. I’m still using the same bottle of ACF50 so it’s going a long way with little waste.

What little free time I get won’t be spent on ACF treatment, it’s hard enough getting time to ride let alone work in the bike.

What little free time I get won’t be spent on ACF treatment, it’s hard enough getting time to ride let alone work in the bike.

Depends on if you consider the time taken to take the bike to the person doing the work and the hanging about while it’s done ‘free time’. Took about 4 hours of my time to have the work professionally done, against 2-3 hours to do it all myself in the comfort of my own driveway & garage.

Depends on if you consider the time taken to take the bike to the person doing the work and the hanging about while it’s done ‘free time’. Took about 4 hours of my time to have the work professionally done, against 2-3 hours to do it all myself in the comfort of my own driveway & garage.
My GSA used to be treated at home, bar getting the bike out and keeping him in coffee that’s all it took, I work from home so no need to take time off.

Yorkshire but I know Dave travels.

Dave Lee 07935 531316, on Facebook too.

TD.
:thumb2

Thanks for the note, Dave will come up and the costs are £90 per bike, and split the £70 with anyone nearby who wants to get their bike done at the same time.

PM me if you are interested.

Just waiting for him to come back to me with dates

He is due up our way on Monday, if you have a last minute need to get your bike done in the Newcastle area please get in touch with him as he is doing a few in the area.

Wow, Dave @ CleanMachine is a legend.

Thanks for the recommendation.

:)

I've never really looked into applying a winter protection but i'm interested in doing this myself but when applying say ACF50 then do you just leave it on and never wash the bike and to remove it when the weather improves then is it a simple matter of giving the bike a good clean?

Back
Top Bottom