Opinions on short(ish) adventure jackets

dp66

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a waterproof/winter adventure style jacket for someone who is relatively short bodied?

I have a RST Pathfinder but the jacket rides up as it's a bit too long as is pushed up when I sit down. I use a normal shortie jacket which is fine in warmer weather but I'm looking for something in between and struggling to find anything suitable.

Best method is to slightly roll up the lowers of the jacket.

Alternatively, if your jacket has a dual Zip, with the jacket zipped all the way up, use the lower zip to slightly open the bottom of the jacket to let it sit flat (if that makes sense)

Oxford Hinterland looks fairly short but may not have the adventure looks that you're after.

Have a look.... It's laminated and seems to do well on the review circuit.

S20 5G sent this......

Also.... Rev'it are bound to have something suitable for ya.

S20 5G sent this......

If you are short in the body, maybe a Woman’s jacket might fit you better? Many Jackets are similar in style but cut differently to suit men or womens torso length.

As suggested, open at the bottom via the zip.

I don't really like baggy type jackets when riding on the road and I do use a Dainese Carvemaster that is a shorter (and tighter) cut, but still quite comfortable and can be used in colder climates as well.

Also, define "adventure".

I’ve recently bought a Revit Sand 4 H2O and I’m very happy with it so far

Not sure I’d call it a true winter jacket but it’s a good 4 seasons job

It’s relatively short in length and also has elastic draw cords at the bottom “hem” which keeps wind out and holds it in place nicely, you could even sort of blouse it like a combat smock if needs be

Current jacket doesn't have ability to unzip from the bottom but that's a good shout. I'll check out the other suggestions, thanks.

Oxford Hinterland looks fairly short but may not have the adventure looks that you're after.
It's not so much about the looks, more about having external pockets so when I turn up at work I don't have to dig around for my pass etc

Also, define "adventure".
I guess it's more about the praticality as above

I guess it's more about the praticality as above

Ok, got it. The carvemaster only has two side pockets. But they have double compartments and the main one is easily operated with gloves on (big zipper). But, if that is you need, it definitely has less pockets than an adventure-type jacket.

Back
Top Bottom