Himalayan valve adjuster size

GSite

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all you Himi riders,
About to check the valve clearances on the Himalayan and want to be sure I have the tools before starting the job. Not sure on the size of the square adjuster inside the locknut. Can anyone advise on this please ?
Thanks

Hi all you Himi riders,
About to check the valve clearances on the Himalayan and want to be sure I have the tools before starting the job. Not sure on the size of the square adjuster inside the locknut. Can anyone advise on this please ?
Thanks

I use a 10mm combination spanner for the lock nut and my fingers to turn the square as it turns really easy. Some people have a special adjuster tool for the job.

Thanks Tony, not sure of the size of the adjuster tool. Don't want to start the job and assume I will be able to hold the adjuster with the fingers without it turning when the lock nut is tightened.

Thanks Tony, not sure of the size of the adjuster tool. Don't want to start the job and assume I will be able to hold the adjuster with the fingers without it turning when the lock nut is tightened.

Ok. I have a strategy i use when doing it. I wind the adjuster up with my fingers until i have the feeler trapped then back it off a tad then
when i lock the nut up it tightens back up a bit and usually it's ok. but can take a couple of attempts. I actually find it easier this way.

I’ve no idea what size the adjuster is but if it needs a special tool then the best option is normally a set of BA spanners. I’ve still got an ancient set in a box in my workshop and there’s always one of them fits the top of rocker screws.

Yes thanks, it is neat in that the knurled circular part has a square section cut out on the underside designed to hold the aduster while the 10mm locking ring is turned with the lever part. This is why I wanted to know the size of the valve adjuster so I could buy the correct sized item to hold the adjuster.

For what it is, I do think it is very expensive at £42.25 inc VAT and postage.
There are much cheaper versions of the same thing available.

Back
Top Bottom