Long time coming

Have fun…..

Make sure it’s warmed up properly…. 3-4 miles….before giving it the beans…

Have fun…..

Make sure it’s warmed up properly…. 3-4 miles….before giving it the beans…

Giving it the beans is, of course, figurative talk for open the throttle a bit to hit 55mph! ;) :D

Happy new bike day Sir, hope you love riding yours as much as I have enjoyed mine. After 35+years of biking I took the Harley plunge just under 2 years ago and have loved every minute of it so far!

Can anyone tell me how to disarm the alarm… can’t move it without the alarm going off… 2003 Super glide… seems to arm itself. Cheers

Can anyone tell me how to disarm the alarm… can’t move it without the alarm going off… 2003 Super glide… seems to arm itself. Cheers

Hit the Button on the Key Fob twice in rapid succession iirc....

You can also put them in "Transport Mode", but you'll have to google that cos I can't remember how you do it.....

Cheers - that disarms it but only for about 30 seconds then it auto rearms... hate the alarm already!!

Ha, yeah it does that - all the bloody time!!
The later ones like mine are Proximity Fobs which allow the Bike to be shimmied about whenever, as long as the Fob is within range.

You might want to attach the Key to the Frame with a nifty little Lanyard or such too, the Ignition Switches can wear and the Key drop out....

Cheers - that disarms it but only for about 30 seconds then it auto rearms... hate the alarm already!!

Turn ignition on then before red alarm symbol on clock goes out turn it off . The quickly press right and left indicator switches at once . Flashers should flash and you are in transport mode

Get the Siren disabled - mine just flashes the indicators and i can live with that

silly question time - the battery was pretty low - it's a SLA BTX14 battery - can i just charge that with the optimal charger..? Cheers

silly question time - the battery was pretty low - it's a SLA BTX14 battery - can i just charge that with the optimal charger..? Cheers

As long as it's not a Lithium Battery, it's fine on an Optimate (if that's what you meant?).
(At the risk of starting up a Bun Fight here), all my Bikes live on Optimates...

As long as it's not a Lithium Battery, it's fine on an Optimate (if that's what you meant?).
(At the risk of starting up a Bun Fight here), all my Bikes live on Optimates...

Cheers… I’ll leave it on to be sure the alarm doesn’t drain the power 👍

Cheers… I’ll leave it on to be sure the alarm doesn’t drain the power ��

I follow Twizzle’s Commandment number 4, as handed down on Mount Hayling and scribed on tablets of Bakelite - Thou shalt put thine HOG onto a charger for the first two weeks of every month and thou shalt then prosper and be merry

Worked for me so far :thumb2

Most Harleys have an optimate tail fitted….

And yes you can… but not in canbus mode.

Two weeks a month on an optimate has served me well……for many years.

One thing….Harley OEM batteries are the best… expensive yes, two year warranty……

But they do the beans….

sooo the next thing - MOT milage discrepancies.... i bought the bike HPI clear with the HPI done by the dealer.... i have just been looking through the old MOT's sent with the bike and the milages are out - i have looked on line and the MOT.gov site and this also shows the milages are being inconsistent in line with the paper copies sent with the bike, should this have shown on a HPI cert? and - what would be the next course of action or is it nothing to worry about..? (shine knocked of the purchase somewhat..)

2012 - 4,732
2013 - 5,923
2014 - 4,868
2015 - 5,055

Back
Top Bottom