K1600 camshaft sensor on maintenance disc

The starter motor spins the engine over. It just doesn’t fire first prod. Sometimes it takes a few prods then she starts and runs no problems at all.

Maybe it doesn’t always spin the engine over? Maybe it sounds like it is?

What you are describing, mirrors exactly what my bike did when the sprag clutch was failing.

When you spin the stater motor, you can hear the sprag clutch trying to engage. There is no rhyme nor reason to it. Sometimes the bike will start normally, sometimes you can be spinning it over for five seconds, when it suddenly starts. Sometimes up to a minute in short bursts, without anything. You then wonder off, return and it starts first push.

Yes, it is like that. I will replace the cam sensor etc and put it back together and see what happens as that was what gave me a fault code at the start of all this.

Thanks for the information.

Any update.... Did you manage to get to the bottom of this....

Plugs and coils all looking ok. Clean anyway. I have a new cam sensor but not fitted yet. Had a few weekends away so not much time, (or daylight) , to put it all back together….
When I press the starter again I’ll let you know….

New cam sensor fitted, radiator back on and when I press the starter it fires up first time. I’ve done this a dozen times. Fault code says was present but not found now.

I’m hoping that it’s all sorted now. Thanks everyone who helped out. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom