Gear assist pro gs 1200 2013.

bulmers 72

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello there, I have the above bike without the gear assist. I love my bike and it’s been so well looked after I am loathed to change it but would like to have the above mod fitted.
Can this be fitted to my LC, if so how much is it likely to cost me and is it a d.I.y upgrade?
Thanks in advance. Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello there, I have the above bike without the gear assist. I love my bike and it’s been so well looked after I am loathed to change it but would like to have the above mod fitted.
Can this be fitted to my LC, if so how much is it likely to cost me and is it a d.I.y upgrade?
Thanks in advance. Dave

Possibly

It only available for bikes from 08/13 and requires a session of coding to enable the the hardware

Bummer, mine is 6/13. No can do then. Thankyou for the help Santa

I’m almost certain I recall somebody fitting an aftermarket quick shifter to a Hexhead GS with good results, maybe a Translogic or similar. Don’t give up all hope just yet, do a little Googling as the WC ECU probably uses the same chip.

I know they did one for an R1200S which is not a million miles different to a GS.

EDIT: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...shifter-Has-anyone-fitted-an-after-market-one

Personally, I wouldn't bother with it. I've had it fitted as standard on all three of my LC GS/GSAs, and the current 2021 1250 version is just a bit better than the first one. Its something that just doesn't really offer much to me with the boxer engine. I certainly wouldn't pay to have it fitted.

Back
Top Bottom