Denali lights problem

Modulation is one of the toggle selections in in the Ezecan screen when you have the can smart connected to a lap top. At the bottom of the section for the set up screen. Try selecting off if it is on.

Are you connecting the controller to the lights via extension cables they supplied???

These cables seem to be the reason for mine flickering.
Try to re connect to Cansmart direct-this might solve it.
Please keep me informed
Tim

My D4s have started flickering from today, they've been perfect up to now, Denali CanSmart version 1 R1200 GSA 2018 daylight set to 30%. They now flicker unless in 100%
I don't know what the "Modulation Toggle" is.

I have a photo to show where to find the modulation toggle but cant put it into thread-keeps asking for URL. So I don't know how to share it

All the cables are Denali. No Modulation on mine. It's a Gen 1

4aca1c8f76334e76b1893dbe92fc9240.jpg

I can't move the CanSmart controller. It plugs into the unit under the rear seat. Mine have been perfecrt up to now :mad:

I don't have a laptop, I have to remove the Cansamrt and take it off the bike & use a desk top.

Mine was all Denali cables as well. It was the extension cables that made them flicker. Never got to the real reason why.
Just check all connections are clean and tight.
I put it down to internal resistance in the leads when current is passed down them.
I have an 8pin plug/socket set I was going to wire up as an harness to allow repositioning in the cansmart unit from the tpms unit under the seat towards the front of the bike. Your welcome to it if you like.
Try unplugging one of the led lights and plug direct to the cansmart tail and see if the flicker stops. If it stops flickering I suggest moving the control toward the lights and do away with any Denali extension cables.
Let me know how you get on if you move a light to test. Cheers

Right
I swapped the extension cable for a spare Denali one I had and the flickering has gone.
Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My D4's had been flickering since install on my non canbus :) much loved R1150Gs currently being restored. I installed 2 x D4s and 2 x DMs using a Dialdim. Both flickered at just about any setting below 60%. D4s worse than DMs.
Having read above I took off the extensions and tested without them without. Instant no flicker at all.
The really annoying part was that the original extensions that came with the Dialdim were 5.5 ft which was way too long so I had cut to length and soldered them back up. But they flickered. Ok I thought must be something to do with resistance in soldering so I bought 4 x 24 inch extensions and still they flickered. And that's when Google came to the rescue and I found this thread.
So know I've installed control unit and cables under the lights in the very very limited space on an 1150 but they now work as they should.
So big thanks to all on this thread for their input and especially to Yugsy1 for raising the issue.

My D4's had been flickering since install on my non canbus :) much loved R1150Gs currently being restored. I installed 2 x D4s and 2 x DMs using a Dialdim. Both flickered at just about any setting below 60%. D4s worse than DMs.
Having read above I took off the extensions and tested without them without. Instant no flicker at all.
The really annoying part was that the original extensions that came with the Dialdim were 5.5 ft which was way too long so I had cut to length and soldered them back up. But they flickered. Ok I thought must be something to do with resistance in soldering so I bought 4 x 24 inch extensions and still they flickered. And that's when Google came to the rescue and I found this thread.
So know I've installed control unit and cables under the lights in the very very limited space on an 1150 but they now work as they should.
So big thanks to all on this thread for their input and especially to Yugsy1 for raising the issue.
Glad to be oh help with your lights problem. 🫡 🥳
Yes it is annoying the extensions are supplied as a kit in the box!!😳
Denali in the US where of little help as they just said it should work.

Back
Top Bottom