V Strom DL1050....

stonehenge

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
.... is a great bike at the price (£8.5k for a pre reg). The one to get is the basic version with cast wheels to avoid the ugly and prone to corrode spoke wheels. Even the basic comes with adjustable throttle maps (excellent fly by wire throttle on the 1050) and adjustable traction control. The Suzuki easy start and low rpm assist is very good and should be a feature on other bikes.

Cruise control is not needed as the softest throttle map is prefect for Motorway cruising and the gearbox, typically Suzuki and therefore a joy to use.

Ergonomics, dash, switch gear, weather protection are all fine as is the corrosion resistance. The soft rear shock is easily sorted by a replacement shock and the forks respond well to the improved rear end. You don't need to change anything front end. Even the brakes are fine.

And, as it is a Suzuki, it will keep on going on and on and on and on and on ...............

Considering a 1050 XT (which will be the basic model next year) as my next bike as it will have an up and down quick shifter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed - basic bike next year will be excellent with TFT, Quickshifter and Cruise Control / Hill Hold etc. But will be expensive. Already priced at 15k Euro on the continent, expect it to be £13,995 which misses the point in being stonking VFM.

It will still have a poor rear shock.

My mate has one and he does like it.

however the room for pillion with a box fitted is a problem if you both on the bigger size.

my mate is in a the process of having a plate made so his box fit further back

My mate has one and he does like it.

however the room for pillion with a box fitted is a problem if you both on the bigger size.

my mate is in a the process of having a plate made so his box fit further back

Yep, typical V Strom fault, move the box back and there is plenty of room. Rear pegs are roomy as well.

Just ordered the exiting model the 1050XT with the 3pce metal luggage inner bags heated grips, no quickshifter but hey ho, I like the dash not really worried about TFT, did not want one tubed and one tubeless wheel or 21" front wheel so went for the XT over the DE and at £11,999 all in delivered it is a cheap competent bike i think, massive reliability and a big following, needs to be for the time they have been being produced !!

Rob

Just ordered the exiting model the 1050XT with the 3pce metal luggage inner bags heated grips, no quickshifter but hey ho, I like the dash not really worried about TFT, did not want one tubed and one tubeless wheel or 21" front wheel so went for the XT over the DE and at £11,999 all in delivered it is a cheap competent bike i think, massive reliability and a big following, needs to be for the time they have been being produced !!

Rob

A very good bike. Keep an eye on the spokes as they can corrode. As I mentioned before, the standard shock is very softly sprung and the damping has very little adjustment. Luke (DenZo - T Tech) sourced me a YSS shock with a custom spring and preload adjuster for not much ££ (very easy to fit...). Makes a big difference and even helps the front end deal with the bumps etc.

A very good bike. Keep an eye on the spokes as they can corrode. As I mentioned before, the standard shock is very softly sprung and the damping has very little adjustment. Luke (DenZo - T Tech) sourced me a YSS shock with a custom spring and preload adjuster for not much ££ (very easy to fit...). Makes a big difference and even helps the front end deal with the bumps etc.

According to the dealer (Lying Ba5tard) the 2022 version has a better rear shock :rolleyes: take that with a pinch of salt but I will give it a go and see, thanks for the info

Rob :thumb:thumb

I do like the Vstrom 1050, one thing none of you mentioned is it has a proper front mudguard! Yes, a proper one that stops all the crap being thrown up at the front of the motor! If only all bikes were made like this.

I do like the Vstrom 1050, one thing none of you mentioned is it has a proper front mudguard! Yes, a proper one that stops all the crap being thrown up at the front of the motor! If only all bikes were made like this.

Indeed and you can still get a fender extender for further protection. Not needed though...

Is the Vstrom to be company for the Sport 660 or is it replacing the Triumph?

Replacement for the triumph, John

The bike has arrived and ive done about 50 miles on it dodging the rain !! the bike is lower than I expected to be honest and im on the balls of my feet which is good, it rides nice handles really nicely, could not push it too hard as new bike new tyres, seems to be fairly powerful lots of grunt, cruising speed is relaxed at 4k at 70mph triumph was 6k at 70, seems well screwed together, metal luggage is great I really like that, dash is busy but got everything you need on screen no need to flick to other screens, couple of pics of when it arrived and 2 days later lots of bits fitted over the last 2 days and I prefer the graffix in blue and white

look forward to riding it now, as good as my 1250GS Rallye TE I doubt it but was the GS worth £10k More I Doubt that either,

Rob

Attachments

• s-l1600g.jpg
    s-l1600g.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 332
  • thumbnail_IMG_1421.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1421.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 329
Yes, the blue and white graphics look good! I do like the Vstrom 1050, for me, I would have gone for the cast wheels, but that is personal taste, these are cracking bikes! By the way, what end can do you have there? Enjoy :beerjug:

Replacement for the triumph, John

The bike has arrived and ive done about 50 miles on it dodging the rain !! the bike is lower than I expected to be honest and im on the balls of my feet which is good, it rides nice handles really nicely, could not push it too hard as new bike new tyres, seems to be fairly powerful lots of grunt, cruising speed is relaxed at 4k at 70mph triumph was 6k at 70, seems well screwed together, metal luggage is great I really like that, dash is busy but got everything you need on screen no need to flick to other screens, couple of pics of when it arrived and 2 days later lots of bits fitted over the last 2 days and I prefer the graffix in blue and white

look forward to riding it now, as good as my 1250GS Rallye TE I doubt it but was the GS worth £10k More I Doubt that either,

Rob

Not liking the blue graphics but taste is individual :)
Will you lose much on it when you part ex it for the Translap next month ?

The can is a GR Moto I would have gone cast to be honest but the cast wheel bike is the lesser model without the electronics suite on it, so had to have spokes to get that lot,

No I wont trade this for the Transalp ill just buy that and guess what ? that wont be here till July now !! I can have a black or grey one in May !! no ill wait
Rob

The can is a GR Moto I would have gone cast to be honest but the cast wheel bike is the lesser model without the electronics suite on it, so had to have spokes to get that lot,

No I wont trade this for the Transalp ill just buy that and guess what ? that wont be here till July now !! I can have a black or grey one in May !! no ill wait
Rob

I was joking !
Have you ordered a Translap ?

Yes I ordered it at launch, they gave me a delivery of week of the 5th of May so I booked to do the NW720 with 3 others 2nd of July so looks like unless there is a miracle at Honda ill be going on the Vstrom well maybe lol

Rob

Back
Top Bottom