V Strom DL1050....

Cracking ride on the 1050 today changed the end can as not totally into the size of the GRMoto one, fitted the Givi sump guard and rad guard, its quick enough and handling is superb, comfi enough, only things I would have liked was quick shifter and self cancelling indicators would be nice, build quality seems good, dont get me wrong its not my 1250GS Rallye but its not £10K lesser bike thats for sure, resale value will undoubtedly take more of a kick in the plumbs !! than a GS Sa la vi

anyway here is a piccie for your viewing pleasure

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1436.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1436.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 231
Cracking ride on the 1050 today changed the end can as not totally into the size of the GRMoto one, fitted the Givi sump guard and rad guard, its quick enough and handling is superb, comfi enough, only things I would have liked was quick shifter and self cancelling indicators would be nice, build quality seems good, dont get me wrong its not my 1250GS Rallye but its not £10K lesser bike thats for sure, resale value will undoubtedly take more of a kick in the plumbs !! than a GS Sa la vi

anyway here is a piccie for your viewing pleasure

Strange that the Arrow has a strap. They usually have a welded hanger as part of the body of the can.

I think it is a Mivv that I had, so carbon wrapped it and put the arrow badge on as it was blue lol

1st service tomorrow £135 including Parts and VAT not bad I think !! Mind you still a lot for oil and filter !!

Another pic with a couple more stickets

Rob

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 166
That’s a great looking bike, the wheels suit it very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys find the seat rock hard or is it just my delicate tush ?
Also wondered what the one wheel tubed, the other tubeless is all about Rob ?

Cheers Guys I agree re the gold wheels any other colour bike had black or blue which I was not keen on

Fender extender is a cheap scooter mud flap from ebay seems to fit and look ok and does keep the shite off the engine (ill give you the link if you want it)

Tubed an tubeless combo im not too sure about either however that is on the latest DE model with the 21" front wheel this is the outgoing model the XT and luckily this has both tubeless

GSite the seat is very firm Im off to do the NW767 in June I think ill pop a Airhawk in one of the panniers, as I can see this being a bit of a problem, my arse is a bit delicate as well and theres not a lot worse than getting 50 mile into the ride and thinking about that for hours!!

Apart from that I changed the gear lever for one that is direct to the engine rather than going through the std linkage and it feels much better a lot more direct underboot the std one seemed to feel like there was play there, my cheap and cheerful adjustable levers will be here this week (hopefully) so will get them on and lessen the quite wide span, thats about it, I think its ready to go, I was going to buy a pair of Road 6s for the trip but to be honest the A41s seem to be fairly good so Ill leave them on and see how she goes,

Rob

I had my seat modified by the Stockbridge Seat company. The standard one is firm and was improved by a Cool cover (Chinese copy) but I went for a complete remake.

AB - I would like details of the Gear Lever please. The A41's do a decent job, no need to ditch them.

Enjoy your trip! I had the A41s on my Super Tenere and they were very good indeed, it was the earlier Bridgestone Battlewings AV bike tyres that earned the name “Deathwings”, the A41s are much better.
By the way, I love what you’ve done with your Vstrom, they are cracking bikes!

Bike was serviced today and to my astonishment the price was a fiver less than quoted !! dont get that often,

Gear lever as requested Im really not sure what its off but im sure its a cheap and cheerful replacement that has been re shaped i gave £25 for it delivered from a guy off the Stromtrooper web site it could be replicated fairly easily

Yes I fitted A41s to both my Africa twins and they were really quite good did Europe in a monsoon on them and they never did anything I didnt like

going to try a cheeky one nighter away maybe around the Lincoln area before Scotland

Rob

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1467.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1467.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 169
I do like to see the gold wheels on a bike & has already be said the spokes on the v strom are poor quality, had them on my v strom 1000 apparently the finish is anodised not stainless but OK if you keep on top of cleaning them.
Nice bike anyway enjoy.
Ian.

Cheers Ian

replaced the original gear lever as the small one still was not right for me
the levers arrived and was fitted and feel much nicer as they are both adjustable for span now, give it a nice detail and now it looks like its never been ridden again
would like to get the handlebars from the new DE as they are a bit wider but £210 is a bit much for a set of handlebars !!

Rob

Stonehenge
any details on the cool cover mate id like to try one ? unless yours is for sale ??

id have a deal with the gear lever if you fancy it ?

Cheers Rob

Stonehenge
any details on the cool cover mate id like to try one ? unless yours is for sale ??

id have a deal with the gear lever if you fancy it ?

Cheers Rob
Just seen sorry - I bought cheap off Amazon for the Honda Africa Twin 1000 and modified it. Nothing special. Still have yours?

I have a this cover, although not on a DL100 bike. They work. Really well. They do add about a cm to the height but it does flow air. Actually quite cool in winter too! They also help with anti slip so mind if you need to slide left or right to put a foot down. But they are deffo not snakes oil. https://www.coolcovers.co.uk/product/bmw-r1150r-rockster-1999-2005/

So there are new '22 model 1050 XTs for £9,995 - you can't buy a 1250GS used for that money - what should
I know before taking the plunge ?

Back
Top Bottom