East Mids Weekend, Green Lane trial run

tuftywhite

getting away with it so far!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As some of you will know, Tetley and I had a trial run of the green lane route, ably assisted by Kevm on his Triumph Scrambler 1200 on, let's say, less than ideal tyres.

I have been asked for feedback and having Kev along gave us a good idea of what is and isn't possible.

We've decided that Tetley will lead the group for the full route, and I will lead those who wish to avoid the more slippery lanes and we'll reconvene at the end of the dodgy sections.

On the whole, most of the lanes were big bike, shit tyre friendly. If you were thinking of coming on the green lane ride and need new tyres, knobbly ones would be good.

For those with 60/40 road/off road tyres and whose tyres look better than Kev's, 80% of the day's route will be fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 253
What Tufty didn't say was most of the lanes were big bike,shit tyre and shit rider friendly ;). The lanes are great fun and so are the minor roads to get to them.

I'm glad I tried all the sections I did but in the future I'll be avoiding long, wet grass and mud on my current bike/tyre combination.

Bike bike friendly

Nice route, looks like it’s about 50 miles ish

Attachments

• 2F013DDC-CAF5-4B8F-9FE4-54A3F369FF1F.jpg
    2F013DDC-CAF5-4B8F-9FE4-54A3F369FF1F.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 6A6AC101-5541-480F-8BAE-C57BAACB5C40.jpg
    6A6AC101-5541-480F-8BAE-C57BAACB5C40.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 229
appreciate the time your both putting into sorting routes, looks like the making of a great weekend, cant wait for my first off road session, off to Sherwood Pines today to practice :D

Let's hope this helps on a 200kg+ ADV bike :)

52475202649_b3801f0039_b.jpg

I think they'll help a lot.

As long as they don't get clogged. Always nice to have fresh rubber in the poor weather. :thumby:

Sorry, just seen this, its a Karoo 4.
No worries, Ah okay I thought it looked a bit karoo3 ish but the lack of asymmetric wave through me. I thought it might have been the Bridgestone knobbly. Would be interested to hear how you get on with it on Saturday.

No worries, Ah okay I thought it looked a bit karoo3 ish but the lack of asymmetric wave through me. I thought it might have been the Bridgestone knobbly. Would be interested to hear how you get on with it on Saturday.
Cool, yes I've used Karoo 3's for a bit, and Bridgestone AX41's before that. All great tyres, and might try Anakee Wilds next as love the Anakee Adventures on my road wheels. Bridgestone AX41's are awesome on and off road but dont last much more than 3K on the rear. Im expecting Sat to be tough on a bigger bike, but the Karoo's seem pretty good so far.

I would avoid AW's carcass and rubber is quite soft so the tread blocks are not very deep and will bind up in mud really quick. I had trouble with the front howling really loud at 60mph.

I can recommend a mitas E10 though for 120/19 profile. Lasts well good offroad grip too as well as that size tyre will get unless it's a Motorcross rear running backwards

Back
Top Bottom