Struggling to get it to work in Europe

stever1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I struggled to get the MR app to work while I was in Europe. I think it was caused by poor internet in hotels though.

I struggled to get the MR app to work while I was in Europe. I think it was caused by poor internet in hotels though.

I've experienced the same when trying to start a route that I'd previously planned.
It seems that you need a decent connection to the web at the time you want to start the route as (I imagine) there is some kine of comms between the phone app and the website.
It does this even if you're re-starting a route that has already been used and works fine, which is somewhat irritating as there's no need to download the details again really.

Leaving aside any human error, I’d guess it is down to nothing more than poor internet connections in your hotels. I switch to 4g/5g if the connection is poor. That though requires a reliable phone signal.

If you download the maps into your phone, you can create and run routes in the Navigation app, without a problem. However, you’ll need an internet connection in order to bring routes across from your personal library, held in MyRoute’s Route Lab.

3f48437fded78b8d403b165fb6a1630e.png

Leaving aside any human error, I’d guess it is down to nothing more than poor internet connections in your hotels. I switch to 4g/5g if the connection is poor. That though requires a reliable phone signal.

If you download the maps into your phone, you can create and run routes in the Navigation app, without a problem. However I’m, you’ll need an internet connection in order to bring routes across from your personal library, held in MyRoute’s Route Lab.

3f48437fded78b8d403b165fb6a1630e.png

What you’ve described is entirely consistent with my experience Wapping.

I was stood outside a rural dealership with poor data coverage trying to start a route I’d already downloaded which used maps I’d also already downloaded.
I was left with the spinning “something is slow” icon for several minutes and couldn’t select the routes, so I imagine some kind of comms to a central server even though all the info I needed was already downloaded.

This has happened a couple of times and was somewhat frustrating.
With hindsight, I should have gone back inside and asked to use their WiFi :blast

Back
Top Bottom