14mm to 13mm rear master cylinder

Pale Rider

Reaction score
I’ll probably get flamed for this but here goes: can i replace the 14mm rear master cylinder on my 2012 gsa with the more common place 13mm version that seem to be freely available on eBay new for around £70 new?

yes , pedal travel will be a tiny bit more , but you probably won't notice it.

what's wrong with the old one ?
The old one turned out to be leaking and then I bought a second hand one from Motorworks that worked fine for around 600 miles and now I notice that one is slightly wet behind the rubber gaiter , don’t want to mess about with second hand again but can’t seem to find a new 14mm one.

I'm wondering how this will affect the linked brakes. Will using the front brake apply less brake pressure to the rear. I rarely touch the rear brake pedal because of the linked brakes,. Just a thought.

Just ordered one. Second hand parts are ok for non safety critical items, not for brakes though.

Thanks for the advice guys. Yes with hindsight I should have bought a new master cylinder in the first place which is what I’m about to do now so will get the 14mm as specified don’t want to mess up the linked brakes, must admit I never thought of that one.

Pale Rider, would have PM’d, but I see you are a non subscriber, I believe I have a new/ unused one just going out in my workshop to look

Pale Rider, would have PM’d, but I see you are a non subscriber, I believe I have a new/ unused one just going out in my workshop to look
Thanks for the offer but I’m buying a new one from Pidcocks. I did contact bike torque racing this afternoon who were adamant that Brembo didn’t in fact produce a 14mm variant and told me their 13mm jobbi was the one! So who to believe, them or BMW or the fact that I’ve measured my old one and it’s bang on 14mm.

Back
Top Bottom