Stoping and restarting mid-route

spm0912

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If you stop for a break and then use the phone to surf the net or take a photo when you resume it wants to take you back to the start. The only way out of it is to delete all the waypoints/shaping points up to the point where you are. Bloody annoying. This may be a carplayism or user error but whilst away last week I couldn't get a work around (if you don't use the phone for when you stop it works seamlessly).

=====

Edit

Cut from a parallel thread.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
If you stop for a break and then use the phone to surf the net or take a photo when you resume it wants to take you back to the start. The only way out of it is to delete all the waypoints/shaping points up to the point where you are. Bloody annoying. This may be a carplayism or user error but whilst away last week I couldn't get a work around (if you don't use the phone for when you stop it works seamlessly).

I think, though I do need to check, that I have maybe found a way around this problem.

By default, the Navigation app always seems to have ‘Navigate via Start’ as active. If, as in your example, you start half way along a route, you obviously rarely need to start from the start point, so try this:

Navigation app > Navigation and tracking > Routes > Select the route you want to use > Edit route settings > Turn Navigate via start to ‘off’ > Save and close

I think (but I do need to check) that the app will then ignore any points that are behind you, but will take into account any points that are in front of you.

PS ‘Save and close’ only seems to ‘Save’ once. Ie if you close and then restart the route again, you have to turn ‘Navigate via start’ off again.

=======

I guess it might be possible to use the skip function too? Again, I’ll have to see if I can find out how this functions.

I think, though I do need to check, that I have maybe found a way around this problem.

By default, the Navigation app always seems to have ‘Navigate via Start’ as active. If, as in your example, you start half way along a route, you obviously rarely need to start from the start point, so try this:

Navigation app > Navigation and tracking > Routes > Select the route you want to use > Edit route settings > Turn Navigate via start to ‘off’ > Save and close

I think (but I do need to check) that the app will then ignore any points that are behind you, but will take into account any points that are in front of you.

PS ‘Save and close’ only seems to ‘Save’ once. Ie if you close and then restart the route again, you have to turn ‘Navigate via start’ off again.

=======

I guess it might be possible to use the skip function too? Again, I’ll have to see if I can find out how this functions.

See also:

2ba0f7146bc156fbf4a3a0651f2e8083.png

https://support.myrouteapp.com/supp...0-navigation-and-tracking-with-mra-navigation

Note: The information in the link is not entirely up to date.

Thanks Wapping. I don't actually turn the app off but I think because I use it through carplay disconnecting the phone from the Bike makes the app think I've closed it

I think I have found a method that works.

When restarting a bespoke route, that has several or many shaping points along its length.

Navigation app > Navigation and tracking > Routes > Select the route you want to use > Edit route settings > Turn Navigate via start to ‘off’ > Save and close.

However, this might take you back to a via point that is behind you and keep asking you to turn back, until you pass through it.

If so, try:

Bottom right hand corner, three dots > Top right hand corner, skip > Into the box, insert 1 > OK

This should (I think) remove the point that is behind you.

Back
Top Bottom