Sore foot using center stand

Gripped

Reaction score
OK a bit of an odd one. But thought I'd ask.

The centre stand has a domed head to push with your foot. It requires all your body weight on this one one point to get the bike up. The surface area of the dome is quite small so it pushes into the underside of the foot = sore foot.

I've resorted to using a block of wood to spread the load, but has anyone seen a more elegant solution? I was thinking of a wider plate (like a side stand Puck) or similar.

Many thanks

lift the rear of your bike at the same time and it will ease the amount of pressure needed with your foot.

I try to avoid putting it on the centre stand when I’m wearing slippers.

In all seriousness, I’ve never got on with using my heel, but do use decent soled shoes or boots.

:thumb

Thanks all. I use my stiff bike boots but even so it hurts. I'll give the heel a try....

I do use the lifting technique but still needs a fair old push on the stand.

To use centre stands you need to concentrate on lifting the bike whilst driving the stand into the ground. Don’t concentrate just on the pressing the stand. Try it.

Tom

Hold the frame and pull up as you push down with your foot.

once you get the technique right, its easy.

That's odd

I find BMs are the easiest to get onto the main stand :confused:
Pardon me if i'm stating the obvious but, one thing that makes a big difference is making sure that BOTH 'feet' of the stand are touching the ground before i lift.

Good luck.

With my RS12 it’s all about pushing down on the stand, not pulling on the bike.

No lifting involved at all. It just rocks up.

And I can’t do it in spillers either.

As above. The main effort in getting the bike up is by pushing down on the stand. There is very little pulling needed. Hence the underside of the foot takes alot of pressure. I probably need to nail a block of wood to my boot sole. ;)

Back
Top Bottom