Screens and seats for 2022 R1250RT LE - what do you recommend?

Jesim1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Pretty much as per title.

I've recently bought it and instantly feel the ned to get a wider and slightly taller screen, and also a better seat for both myself and the wife. There are lots of options out there, but I'd like some real world experience on what they are like.

My sat nav have been fine BTW, it's a pain when you stop the bike for a coffee or fuel and have to reconnect, but other than that it's been fine while on a 4 hour trip and trying to learn the bloody thing :blast

Top box to follow:

2022-09-29-11-43-00.jpg

On my 1200rt I have Sergeant seats all day comfort.Also a Werks quiet ride screen also an improvement .

The Werks screens sound good, but I'd only be in luck if I could get a used one as they are based in the states, and with shipping and exchange rates your now looking at over £300 for one of those, so it really needs to be available in the UK :beerjug:

And i was looking for a smaller screen.

I think I’ll be putting my Z-Technic screen up for sale soon, just going back to standard as most of my touring is in hotter climes.

I think I’ll be putting my Z-Technic screen up for sale soon, just going back to standard as most of my touring is in hotter climes.

I think they are for the older R1200RT, not the new 1250s which have a different front end :beerjug:

Could anyone point me in the right direction for a shorter screen please.

Could anyone point me in the right direction for a shorter screen please.
I believe the screen from the blue RT is shorter as it's considered a sport rather than tourer, so you may find not all RT screens are the same hight depending on which bike they are from ?

Doc - You need to specify which model year you are talking about. The 2021 on (TFT) racing blue "Sport" model does indeed have a shorter screen - which is why I tried the 7 Juroc. However, I decided the 7 Juroc spoiled the look of the bike, so went back to stock.

Is this going up for sale, if so I may be interested depending on price. I currently have a 2018 R1250RT (2019 model)

Doc - You need to specify which model year you are talking about. The 2021 on (TFT) racing blue "Sport" model does indeed have a shorter screen - which is why I tried the 7 Juroc. However, I decided the 7 Juroc spoiled the look of the bike, so went back to stock.

It's a 2019.

I have a wanted ad up if you can give me more info as I'm looking for a taller screen for the standard 2022 model 1250RT.

James

The "sport model has a short screen" The standard screen is around 24 inches. My screen (Werks) which originally was the same as the Juroc is the 24 inch model, that is the recommended size for my height 5ft 8ins. Juroc and Werks have now gone their separate ways, so the screens are not the same, but similar. The screen for the 1200 and 1250 non TFT are interchangeable, the TFT model has a different fitting :)

Back
Top Bottom