Lake District Circular

Pootler

Reaction score
Cheshire (The bit stolen from Lancashire)
Had a day out doing a lake district circular yesterday, up north as far as Buttermere & Cockermouth via Winlatter Pass then back via the west coast roads. Super quiet roads, was intending to go via Honister pass from Keswick but the road was closed.

Kept spotting someone 2 up on a black GS with a tank cover was that anyone on here?

Pics (very short)

https://youtu.be/0xV7jVDHzls

Can I suggest next time you come off the A595 around Ravenglass and go inland via Birker Fell Road or Corney Fell as there's some lovely open moorland to ride through on tarmac. You'll rarely another soul on Birker Fell :beerjug:

I had a ride up to Keswick on Sunday and visited Ashness Bridge and Surprise View, have you ever been there?

Spectacular view and often very quiet, but there was a lady who fell off there a couple of months ago so I’m expecting to see barriers going up sometime, well away from the edge. Go now before it’s too late…

Spectacular view and often very quiet, but there was a lady who fell off there a couple of months ago so I’m expecting to see barriers going up sometime, well away from the edge. Go now before it’s too late…

I wasn’t aware of that, did she survive?

Can I suggest next time you come off the A595 around Ravenglass and go inland via Birker Fell Road or Corney Fell as there's some lovely open moorland to ride through on tarmac. You'll rarely another soul on Birker Fell :beerjug:

I came back via the A595 and it was almost empty for much of the way its super road for bikes, wanted to stop at in at Ravenglass for a break but time was getting short and I need to get back. Road from Keswick up to Honister was closed so had to do it the long way via Winlatter Pass one of my favorite rides.

Back
Top Bottom