Tenere T700

mad-dawg

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just in case Bods/Peeps/users/lurkers etc dont look at FS&W or know someone looking for a bike, I am selling my Tenere, advert in Non-GS section.

I will give it another week then either keep it and put a Honda badge on it :augie or strip the bits off it and chop it in. If its the latter there will be a magnificent selection of Tat.....I mean great accessories for sale.

The T7 is a terrific bike, I know many see it as a direct competitor to the Husqvarna 701 which of course is also a great bike. :thumb

The T7 is a terrific bike, I know many see it as a direct competitor to the Husqvarna 701 which of course is also a great bike. :thumb

I totally agree, we are on the dark side though :beerjug:
It is terrific, I am considering keeping it because its nearly all I want. Some days on my recent trip it was perfect for me, others not so much. My problem is that I had VFR1200X DCT and spent loads of money getting to be what I want, I was then tempted by the wily temptress Tenere and to make it what I want I will need to spend some more money. Having said that if I sell it and buy another VFR then I will be emptying my wallet again.

I think I will sleep on it and make a decision.

Had a go on my mates T7 a few weeks ago. Lovely to ride with a peach of a motor. Height was an issue for me but mate has a tall seat (as if it needs one!)

I had a test ride on the world raid 23l tank version recently and it felt like a quality motorcycle, firm and smooth suspension and a buttery smooth engine with a satisfying punch. Hugely impressed, would be buying one if it was not for my dodgy shoulder.

Had a reasonably brief ride on my mate’s ( Tommac on here) while we we were on the Island.
Very impressed - delightful bike to ride.
Sylph like, responsive, very quick to change direction. . . . couldn’t fault it!

I think it’s got all the power I want/need in the real world. I miss the visceral experience of a Honda blackbird but that performance is offset by other flaws. It’s a Unicorn I am looking for instead of riding the donkey. If I put a horn on the donkey I might be sorted .

..... My problem is that I had VFR1200X DCT and spent loads of money getting to be what I want, I was then tempted by the wily temptress Tenere and to make it what I want I will need to spend some more money. Having said that if I sell it and buy another VFR then I will be emptying my wallet again.

I think I will sleep on it and make a decision.

I certainly can't fault you for changing motorcycles because I seem to regularly as well, but are you sure you want to go back to a Crosstourer?

I really like my T700 in fact if it had tubeless and cruise it'd about perfect for me, as it is though it's still a fun and quite capable motorcycle on all roads. I had a 2017 VFR1200X DCT and was glad to be rid of the thing due to it being so heavy and more importantly TOP heavy, jarringly harsh front suspension, too soft rear suspension, and jerky on/off throttling. The DCT worked well enough and I liked that it had tubeless wheels, but Honda's omission of cruise on a touring bike was a head scratcher.

Anyway best of luck selling.

I certainly can't fault you for changing motorcycles because I seem to regularly as well, but are you sure you want to go back to a Crosstourer?

I really like my T700 in fact if it had tubeless and cruise it'd about perfect for me, as it is though it's still a fun and quite capable motorcycle on all roads. I had a 2017 VFR1200X DCT and was glad to be rid of the thing due to it being so heavy and more importantly TOP heavy, jarringly harsh front suspension, too soft rear suspension, and jerky on/off throttling. The DCT worked well enough and I liked that it had tubeless wheels, but Honda's omission of cruise on a touring bike was a head scratcher.

Anyway best of luck selling.

Can’t you have it adapted to tubeless, I know you can with the Husqvarna 701.

Thanks Clifton
I have slept on it and come out in favour of..............A Honda VFR1200XD.
I know its heavy, even top heavy, stick my arse on it with a load of luggage and its even heavier.
Yep the front suspension is not good, the rear is poor, the throttle needs some care. BUT!
That engine is way better than the Tenere or any GS that I have ridden, add in the DCT and its in a league of its own.
I recently did a trip into Europe, about 2500 miles on the Tenere, it was fine and I rode at my own pace (very slow). I tried to like the Yamaha but after 5 years on a DCT bike before I got it in May I really miss that DCT gearbox.
Every French village has speed humps, 30 mph, 20 mph, stop signs with lurking les flick. Up and down the gearbox despite everyone saying it is a torquey motor it still needs to be shifted.....a lot!
Whoever picked the first 3 ratios needs a slap, first is fine for off road stuff, second the same, third a bit less so. I found that fourth at 30 mph was about 4k revs which seems too high in my opinion.
Anyway we are all different, I have done a deal on a CT, it suits my requirements to bimble along at 50 mph, doing all the up and down changes. If I get a bit silly it will take off like a stabbed rat.
I totally agree about the Tenere needing tubeless wheels, I looked at getting the rim changed on the front and doing a sealing job but, it would still be a manual bike with gearing that makes me cross.
I am glad I tried it (my bank account is not so happy), I want one more go on a Honda with that outstanding V 4 engine.
Cheers

Can’t you have it adapted to tubeless, I know you can with the Husqvarna 701.

Yep, its certainly an option, Central Wheels will do it but the front rim needs changing, and then reading accounts from people it works for some and not others. You can buy Haan wheels or Alpina or Kineo (about £2K++) but to me it seemed like I was paying to fix something that shouldnt need fixing.
I wanted smaller lighter touring bike that suits the larger framed type. It is capable of being that but its a compromise because its trying to be an on road bike with off road capability.

Dawg sounds like another Crosstourer is the motorcycle for you and your type of riding, I hope you find a nice one.

Wes I've looked into changing my T7 to tubeless but after digesting what's involved, the likely problems from doing it inexpensively, and the cost of doing it correctly with new wheels, have decided to bank that money to put toward a similar bike (with tubeless and cruise). Or like dawg, sell the T7 and focus on my Guzzi V85TT which has both........

Dawg sounds like another Crosstourer is the motorcycle for you and your type of riding, I hope you find a nice one.

Wes I've looked into changing my T7 to tubeless but after digesting what's involved, the likely problems from doing it inexpensively, and the cost of doing it correctly with new wheels, have decided to bank that money to put toward a similar bike (with tubeless and cruise). Or like dawg, sell the T7 and focus on my Guzzi V85TT which has both........

Both ?

I thought only the latest V85 were tubeless though

You are of course correct sir. Euro 5 are tubeless. Lots of peeps bought the tubeless rims for the earlier models. The previous owner of my V85TT did a tubeless conversion (the 3M tape and silicone trick) on the rear wheel. Front still tubed tho

You are of course correct sir. Euro 5 are tubeless. Lots of peeps bought the tubeless rims for the earlier models. The previous owner of my V85TT did a tubeless conversion (the 3M tape and silicone trick) on the rear wheel. Front still tubed tho

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom