Buy a peage / tolled motorways blipper thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used one my last 3 trips to France, genius.You fly through the tolls and it is taken directly from your account.No faffing with tickets cards or cash.

If you are in an A-class motorhome (ie no door on passenger side) or driving a RHD car on your own, they are priceless!

I’ve had a Sanef toll thingy for many years, in fact I’m about to get my third.

I love the smug feeling when you sail through the peage watching those without queuing.

As a result of reading a similar recommendation I suggested to my son that buy one. He did but found that it didn't help at all during his recent holiday in France and Spain. I advised that next time he should take the damn thing with him rather than leave it on the kitchen table

I just set ‘Avoid Tolls’ on my satnav. Works really well :D

LOL

To all the "I never do motorway" people that, routinely, pop up. There is times when you have to cover 800/1000+km in a day at a decent pace/time.
You have to put some motorway in the mix. Is it gonna be fun? No. Faster? Yes.
They are also, surprisingly :) , incredibly useful to skip uninteresting areas, or get faster where the "adventure" (whatever that is) really is.

But, if you wanna waste several hours riding at 20mph through non-descript rural French or Italian towns on straight roads in the middle of the flatlands on the way to your destination... to everyone its own. :D

Peage ? no adventures to be had on those.... just saying ...for a friend.

try the A8 from Santander to Bilbao - like a rollercoaster with superb views of sea and mountains. No toll, unless you go further east on the AP8.

A few motorways in Italy are more interesting to ride (more corners) than most normal routes in the south east of England :D :D :D
The old section of the A1 at speed, up the Appennini, is interesting.
The very old Torino-Savona (especially the first part starting from Savona) is a rollercoaster as well. :)

I got a mango one after readi g reports on here. Covers France, Spain, Italy and Portugal. A deal on which means no fees up front, only get charged a minimal amount for the month for when you are in the relevant country. Tried and tested in Spain last month, worked like a charm.

Website in English too…

https://www.mango-mobilitesbyaprr.com/

Though I am perfectly happy with my exclusively French peage pass from EMOVIS / Sanef, I have ordered myself a Mango pass, simply for the increased flexibility it offers. The sign-up at least was painless.

LOL

To all the "I never do motorway" people that, routinely, pop up. There is times when you have to cover 800/1000+km in a day at a decent pace/time.
You have to put some motorway in the mix. Is it gonna be fun? No. Faster? Yes.
They are also, surprisingly :) , incredibly useful to skip uninteresting areas, or get faster where the "adventure" (whatever that is) really is.

But, if you wanna waste several hours riding at 20mph through non-descript rural French or Italian towns on straight roads in the middle of the flatlands on the way to your destination... to everyone its own. :D

Agreed… especially along the backbone of Italy, and for getting away from Coquelles and down through northern France.

One year I was heading for Sienna (I think) and noted that the preferred route was via motorways and would take 3.5 hour. I decided I didn’t really want to be on a motorway for that long so hit the ‘avoid motorways’ option… 12.5 hours, with no option to hop on/off and break the trip up, and I didn’t have the extra 9 hours to spare with a Greek ferry booked.

I also took the option on a foul day during our last trip through France when we had 5.5 hours of D roads planned, but with high winds and biblical rain it was a no brainier. 3 hours later we’re sat having hot coffee and drying off at our hotel.

Sometimes you’ve just got to do it.

One happy Mango user here. Chose Mango because of its wider country coverage. Easy to swap between vehicles on the app (Portugal uses ANPR to charge tolls)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom