Scam or what?

John Roberts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had this come up on the screen of my lap-top. My iPad works fine. Scam? Genuine? Can’t get rid of it.

Oh for fuck’s sake, it’s up side down. Anyway…

Attachments

• 7628884A-3A1A-4E01-BD1E-04F1457836EB.jpg
    7628884A-3A1A-4E01-BD1E-04F1457836EB.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 386
Control Alt Delete and Task manager! and Look for a program with a similar name and stop it

If you can navigate your way to their folder you can zap the EXE file and set the likes of Malwarebytes at it !

DON'T Shut the PC down and Don't call the number

Control Alt Delete and Task manager! and Look for a program with a similar name and stop it

If you can navigate your way to their folder you can zap the EXE file and set the likes of Malwarebytes at it !

Thank you for that. I searched on my iPad for answers.microsoft.com and got the same reply, that is Control + Alt + Delete ... Oh, just noticed it actually said Control + Shift + Esc and thinking back what I could have pressed was Control + Alt + Escape Anyway, all seems well now, but I'm wondering if there's a nasty little bug/trojan/bastard/whatever still lurking beneath the surface in my computer ready to pounce, or perhaps it's already pounced and done its dirty work. As you can tell I'm worryingly clueless about these things.

As for "If you can navigate your way to their folder you can zap the EXE file and set the likes of Malwarebytes at it ! Ermm, no, and may I quote (see above): As you can tell I'm worryingly clueless about these things. :p

Hmm. That has just sunk in. For no apparent reason the screen did go blank and then came back on as if I'd restarted my computer: that is what Alt + etc + etc is supposed to do after all, right? As I said above I'm not quite sure what I did exactly but I was happy at the time that everything seemed to work fine once more, should I be worried? Have I fucked up?

Back
Top Bottom