FINALLY GOT IT DIRTY!

Lee Frost

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had a fantastic day yesterday riding some Cornish trails with a bunch of local riders on my G310 GS Rally Raid. First outing off tarmac and I was really impressed by how it performed. Lots of mud and water around, but the Anlas Capra X tyres did their job well. I didn't get away totally unscathed - lost the front end going up a slippery and rocky trail and ended-up in the bank with a broken screen (I've realised too late that the taller PowerBronze screen is too tall for the trails, so the original one has been fitted), a bent indicator (still works) and a few battle scars on the upper crash bars. I guess that's what they're there for!

Attachments

• IMG_4585.jpg
    IMG_4585.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 310
good to see it being used as a trail bike. next move is to plan for more . mine is still being used and abused .

good to see it being used as a trail bike. next move is to plan for more . mine is still being used and abused .

There are loads of trails down here in Cornwall, and the TET UK route as well. I struggled to find local riders who knew the trails as there's no Cornwall TRF any more, but heard about a private Facebook group which I'm now a member of. Great bunch of folk who ride the trails regularly, so the 310 will finally get used for what it was intended for!

Well done for getting out there and dirty!
I know at one stage you were a little bit iffy about things, pleased you persisted.
Hope to get over with my 310 around your neck of the woods sometime.

Well done fella for getting out and having a go. It's more than a little addictive and you definitely have the right bike to have fun. I had a lot of thrills ... and spills ... on mine. Enjoy!

Good to see a BMW out on the Cornish lanes again, my F650 has seen most them from when we ran trail tours in the area. I have a spare RR screen in the workshop if you're interested, I'll dig it out and see what condition it's in we wont need it now we've bought another 650 to replace the 310.

Good to see a BMW out on the Cornish lanes again, my F650 has seen most them from when we ran trail tours in the area. I have a spare RR screen in the workshop if you're interested, I'll dig it out and see what condition it's in we wont need it now we've bought another 650 to replace the 310.

The would be great. I'm keeping the OEM screen on for trail riding I think, but the taller screen is better for road riding.

That's a great looking little bike. How easily will a G310 GS hold 70mph? Is that easy, or close to its limit?

70 mph easy runs up to 85 and thats about it . they do like a good thrashing rev happy

The RR and Powerbronze appear to be the same thing, the RR website suggests they're specially made for them.
£50 sound ok. Includes fitting kit.

Attachments

• Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 126

Back
Top Bottom