Santander ferry

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutchspring

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi every one, might sound like a numpty question but when Brittany ferry's says all departures & arrivals are local time .
I take it departing from santander at 14.oo will be in spanish time (Central European summer time).
Thanks,
Ian.

I travelled back from Santander on Wednesday, I have to say I was very efficiently checked in and loaded without undue delay.

However we were about 2.5hours late departing. Crossing was quite acceptable but a bit of rocking through the bay.

Unloading wasn’t too stressful, we docked on time at 8pm on Thursday and passport control were excellent, just needed to flip my lid and move microphone out of the way rather than the usual jobsworth “ please remove your helmet “, I was in B&B by 8:40 having stopped to get a bottle of wine, glass in hand.

There was a bit of a tricky moment as a camper van had dumped a load of fresh oil on the deck, deck hand guided us around it. That’s the second crossing where deck has been made dangerous with dropped oil.

It was probably one of the most efficient crossings I’ve had.

Why oh why though do Uk port security stop so many bikers, I must look suspicious because I can’t remember my last Uk exit without being stopped and asked stupid questions by some 15 year old with a clipboard.

I always forget I have a Swiss Army knife and leatherman with me too, most stupid question was being asked if I’d any knives on board when in my camper……

presumably you were travelling to Portsmouth on the Galicia? Are bike amongst the first off on that boat? This thread is about the Pont Aven where bikes are below the water line and amongst the last off.

…..This thread is about the Pont Aven where bikes are below the water line and amongst the last off.

This thread is actually about Spanish port departure times and whether they are in ‘foreign’ time or Christian time.

Hi every one, might sound like a numpty question but when Brittany ferry's says all departures & arrivals are local time .
I take it departing from santander at 14.oo will be in spanish time (Central European summer time).
Thanks,
Ian.

Quite why the ferry company might even contemplate using anything but a local (Spanish) time to indicate the departure of a ferry from a Spanish port, is of course a mystery.

Someone then hijacked the thread with a tale of being ‘dissed’ (to use the expression popular with the yooof) on a ferry and being persecuted. He doesn’t like to complain though. It then spiralled.

I’ll start a fresh thread and close this one, the original question having been answered very clearly within eight minutes of posting, the OP offering thanks within 16 minutes thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom