My current kit is a hotchpotch of bits by a

company callled ginali if i recall

The gloves are to big, and the heated socks

Appear to work, but have no controller other than

An on off switch

Might be time to change to some newer gear

Any recommendations?

Dont want to spend the earth, btw

I like the Keis gear. Puts out a lot of heat without drawing a lot of current so you can run it from a canbus accessory socket

I have a waistcoat and insoles. The latter transform winter riding, especially if you have reduced peripheral circulation due to diabetes or blood pressure meds.

I use Keis and can’t say anything bad about it. You can integrate a number of heated garments through one power lead and control the heat setting. Just very good gear that does what it says it will do.

I have a Keiss waistcoat. Think I'd have gone for the one with heated sleeves if I was buying again.

Does everything it's supposed to.

Right,
winter roadtrip comming up

My current kit is a hotchpotch of bits by a

company callled ginali if i recall

The gloves are to big, and the heated socks

Appear to work, but have no controller other than

An on off switch

Might be time to change to some newer gear

Any recommendations?

Dont want to spend the earth, btw

I have a Keis heated jacket. I’ve just got back from a 5 day whistle stop tour of Netherlands, Germany, France and Luxembourg where the temperature was 6-8c in the mountains and it absolutely pissed down every single day. The Keis jacket (and a pin lock visor) were literally lifesavers. Can recommend it enough

Warm n Safe - with their wireless dual controller. You can mix and match Warm n Safe with Gerbings if you like as Gerbings have good heated gloves, whereas W&S only offer glove liners (which are great in their own right, but then you need a set of fairly roomy gloves to go over the top).

I have two very little used Keis jackets, with heated sleeves if anyone is interested.

Wife's used three times and mine probably 6 times heated, more as a mid layer.

Both complete with controllers.

Think they're medium and large. Happy to check if any interest.

I have a Gerbing heated jacket, Gerbing call it a vest but it’s basically a long sleeved fleece which goes under your normal riding jacket. Five different power setting and I can’t fault it. I also use Gerbing heated gloves which are better than heated grips as your entire hands are kept warm rather than just the fingertips. I’ve never used Keis gear but I’m sure it would be just as good as Gerbing.

I have the BMW Heatup vest with optional heat controller. More comfortable than the Keis vest and just as warm. Keeping your core warm, prevents blood being drawn from your extremities.

I have the original American ‘Rapid Fire’ jacket liner, glove inners, heated trouser liner and socks. All four items are controlled individually by two twin ‘Rapid Fire’ wireless heat trollers, as they called them. Rapid Fire no longer exist but, in essence, the clothing is the same as that offered by Warm’n’Safe.

As my 1600 has a decent alternator, it can cope with all four without a problem.

For use on my Himalayan, with its weedy alternator, I bought a battery powered Keis waistcoat.

Like a few others, I love my Keis kit - I’ve got a full sleeve jacket and the winter gloves, they’re fantastic!

Keis waistcoat for me too. Fantastic quality piece of kit that transforms winter riding (for an auld lad!)

Barry

I have the original American ‘Rapid Fire’ jacket liner, glove inners, heated trouser liner and socks. All four items are controlled individually by two twin ‘Rapid Fire’ wireless heat trollers, as they called them. Rapid Fire no longer exist but, in essence, the clothing is the same as that offered by Warm’n’Safe.

As my 1600 has a decent alternator, it can cope with all four without a problem.

For use on my Himalayan, with its weedy alternator, I bought a battery powered Keis waistcoat.

Just looked at the WNS stuff, looks good , but nothing in stock unless your a midget lol

Contact the American owners of the brand, who are really helpful. As I recall it, they had lost their UK counterpart and were looking for a new one.

I brought a spare bike powered two-channel heat troller, directly from them. That though was a year or more ago.

https://www.warmnsafe.com/

There’s a good choice of kit out there now and it will all do the job to one degree or another.

I used to have Keis gear (jacket, waistcoat and gloves), but after experiencing problems with reliability and poor customer service, I decided to switch to Warm and Safe stuff. This has been a revelation as the quality is superb as is the overall design, fitting and functionality. The distributors in the UK are now Motolegends and they cannot be faulted on their after sales service.

If you want something to wear all day on the bike, then the heated baselayer is a great option as it sits close to the skin under your normal bike clothing and doesn’t restrict movement in any way - in fact you hardly know it’s there. It can provide the optimal amount of heat just where you want it and you can layer over to keep that heat in next to your skin.

If you prefer the ability to put on and take off kit when you get off the bike, then the heated jacket is the better option. This is made from very thin and flexible material which is also windproof. I have found it to be really comfortable when worn under my usual jacket (Belstaff or Rukka). It also looks smart if worn off the bike at a cafe etc.

For keeping hands warm, I have moved away from heated gloves, which I found tended to overheat certain parts of my hand (leaving red marks) whilst not heating other areas enough. I now use the Warm and Safe heated glove liners which are amazing and can be adjusted to deliver just the right amount of heat to your fingers, which are the bits which feel the cold the most. I believe there are a pair being offered on this site at a very good price.

And finally the best bit for me is the Warm and Safe Dual Controller - with this I have almost infinite adjustment of the settings on both my jacket and my liner gloves independently which gives me the ability to get just the right temperature in the body and hand areas separately I have found this to be so useful when going from higher speed riding, where you need it up a bit to counter wind chill, and then turn down slightly when you get into a town or city environment where you need less heat. Personally I think it is the best heat controller on the market at the moment.

Here’s the Motolegends review of the Warm and Safe stuff:

Whichever brand or option you go for, you should find that heated clothing transforms your riding and makes it a much more enjoyable winter experience!

I am with Toddmeister on the qualities of the dual wireless controller or, as in my case, the quad controller.

Back
Top Bottom