Essential kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wapping

Reaction score
09bb590463416022625e3366492e2283.jpg

The most useful bit of kit for putting your overtrousers or waterproofs on at the roadside when it’s raining cats and dogs.

Also very useful for keeping things separated and dry.

Mix in that most continental shops, no longer supply bags, they are handy for shopping, too.

To expand on the same theme.

One thing I did find very useful was a large bag (very popular with the Bangladeshi population of London E1 and much of the Arab population of France) that looks like this:

7f2ad8abfd90c9484fdb395498cc08b4.jpg

Why?

When I broke down on my bike in France, it - along with its panniers - vanished away on a flat bed truck. Before it departed, out of the panniers I whipped enough clothes to wear, changing into them on the roadside. I then dumped all my riding kit, helmet, boots, gloves, tank bag (with my passport, bike papers, wallet, camera, charging kit, phone, iPad etc) wash bag, change of clothes etc into the bag. I could carry the lot, without struggling like some sort of demented chimp. It made life very much easier, which is all that you want really.

Similarly, had my riding kit had to go off with my bike on the flat bed truck, whilst I went to a hotel, it would be much easier to give the driver one bag with it all in, rather than lobbing items individually into his cab, where no doubt something would get lost. Again, it just makes life easier for everyone.

The bags cost around a pound, weigh nothing and take up no space. The whole of the Indian sub-continent and much of North Africa, can’t all be wrong.

stick a BMW logo on it and you will make a fortune lol, I have similar bags from shopping in Germany at Rewe not as rectangular more square that fit the vario panniers really well

I have similar bags from shopping in Germany at Rewe….

I have one from JD Sports. I keep my Weber Go-Anywhere gas BBQ, gas canisters and other bits in it. They are the multi-use bags of the future!

To expand on the same theme.

One thing I did find very useful was a large bag (very popular with the Bangladeshi population of London E1 and much of the Arab population of France) that looks like this:

7f2ad8abfd90c9484fdb395498cc08b4.jpg

Why?

When I broke down on my bike in France, it - along with its panniers - vanished away on a flat bed truck. Before it departed, out of the panniers I whipped enough clothes to wear, changing into them on the roadside. I then dumped all my riding kit, helmet, boots, gloves, tank bag (with my passport, bike papers, wallet, camera, charging kit, phone, iPad etc) wash bag, change of clothes etc into the bag. I could carry the lot, without struggling like some sort of demented chimp. It made life very much easier, which is all that you want really.

Similarly, had my riding kit had to go off with my bike on the flat bed truck, whilst I went to a hotel, it would be much easier to give the driver one bag with it all in, rather than lobbing items individually into his cab, where no doubt something would get lost. Again, it just makes life easier for everyone.

The bags cost around a pound, weigh nothing and take up no space. The whole of the Indian sub-continent and much of North Africa, can’t all be wrong.

The whole of the Indian sub continent; most of north Africa and London can't be wrong;:D.
Beach bags are great;

We use these, ideal for Sailing kit, bike kit and transferring stuff between the house and camper etc.

Al.

Attachments

• 1DBB3D49-D55A-4F73-818A-1D8C557DDEE3.jpeg
    1DBB3D49-D55A-4F73-818A-1D8C557DDEE3.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 250
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom