Double hard Wild Wild West event

I'm going to have to sign out, sorry.

Other previous commitments in place so our time would have been limited to one night ( the 31st )...and don't want to be driving next day as I would like to enjoy myself and laws are slightly different in Scotland .

Was looking forward to seeing you Mike.

.... and that's why I have the AlcoSense Excel set at your Scottish limit :thumb2

:beerjug:

I'm surprised how many of our north of the border tossers, havnt jumped at the chance to get some time away over the break

Clearly it is double hard ::D:D

I'm surprised how many of our north of the border tossers, havnt jumped at the chance to get some time away over the break

Clearly it is double hard ::D:D

Well I'll be there Martin ... will probably head for Islay when I leave :thumb

Was looking forward to seeing you Mike.

.... and that's why I have the AlcoSense Excel set at your Scottish limit :thumb2

It's an awkward time of year I suppose, I have no other commitments but Maureen still has to juggle time off work and try to keep her family happy as well.

Will probably be Dent or Dent alternative before the next one I reckon :beerjug:

It's an awkward time of year I suppose, I have no other commitments but Maureen still has to juggle time off work and try to keep her family happy as well.

Will probably be Dent or Dent alternative before the next one I reckon :beerjug:

I know that Mike, not many can escape Christmas/New Year .... big hug for Maureen please :thumb2

would - just to dis micky :D

due to medical - cant

couldnt get the time off but might be off cos medical so annoyed as wanted to visit friend in aberdeenshire too

would - just to dis micky :D

due to medical - cant

couldnt get the time off but might be off cos medical so annoyed as wanted to visit friend in aberdeenshire too

Pick one excuse and stick to it :D

Well lord knows what i'm turning up on / in

Bike came back from the dealers Saturday morning, and went back Tuesday morning

Wiring fault .. deep joy :(

Thee going to sort me out a replacement bike next week , hopefully

It's on the west coast so most likely yes on the hills, no on the roads and campground at that time of year. Possible though. A month later, likely.

Current weather and forecast, the hills will have a fair bit of snow, expect a fair amount of ice on the ground.

Winter tyres on your van and studs for walking. They do grit the roads but there are many miles of them.

So how many we got going?

I'll be there probably Tuesday 27th :thumby:

So Attendees are :-

Micky
Santa (subject to new bike arriving) :blast
Northen Jock

All the rest of yas are wimps ;)

Does the Corran ferry run between Xmas and New Year? If the roads are clear I’m tempted to do it just because it’s a nice route for me over Rannoch Moor as long as the gates aren’t shut due to snow.

It’d be bike or not bother so snow over Rannoch can be an issue :D

Does the Corran ferry run between Xmas and New Year? If the roads are clear I’m tempted to do it just because it’s a nice route for me over Rannoch Moor as long as the gates aren’t shut due to snow.

It’d be bike or not bother so snow over Rannoch can be an issue :D

Im comming up through Glencoe, and atm the roads look clear snow wise

i did see this webcam site that shows some of the roads over the cairngorms

https://www.snowgatecameras.co.uk/

Ferry not running 25th 26th Dec & 1st 2nd Jan

Im comming up through Glencoe, and atm the roads look clear snow wise

i did see this webcam site that shows some of the roads over the cairngorms

https://www.snowgatecameras.co.uk/

Ferry not running 25th 26th Dec & 1st 2nd Jan

I’d be ok with the ferries then so that’s ok.

We’re driving up to Elgin on Monday then over to Aberdeen Tuesday and home Wednesday which could be amusing but we’ll be in my Navara so I’m not too worried about the weather unless other vehicles get stuck and it all turns into a monster tailback but it’s a different game on a bike and the choice would be between heated grips etc and loads of luggage capacity on a 1200 RT or the hardcore approach of using a Husqvarna 501 which would cope with the weather but I might not n:D

It’ll be a last minute decision no matter what happens.

I’d be ok with the ferries then so that’s ok.

We’re driving up to Elgin on Monday then over to Aberdeen Tuesday and home Wednesday which could be amusing but we’ll be in my Navara so I’m not too worried about the weather unless other vehicles get stuck and it all turns into a monster tailback but it’s a different game on a bike and the choice would be between heated grips etc and loads of luggage capacity on a 1200 RT or the hardcore approach of using a Husqvarna 501 which would cope with the weather but I might not n:D

It’ll be a last minute decision no matter what happens.

Kettle on if you're passing

So Attendees are :-

Micky
Santa (subject to new bike arriving)
Northen Jock
AndyB

All the rest of yas are wimps

Back
Top Bottom