Things (bags) of genius and wonder

Wapping

Reaction score
For years I packed my clothes in plastic bags. This no doubt has contributed greatly to the despoiling of the oceans.

(A) To keep items separate and in some sort of order.

(B) Before the advent of near enough waterproof panniers or rolls, in the vague hope of keeping things dry, the black bin bag often ripping.

I then discovered Eagle Creek’s Pack-It cubes, using them happily for many years. A while ago, these morphed into Eagle Creek’s Specter bags, which are (in a word) excellent. I sold my older bags here on the forum and now use the Specter bags exclusively.

Highly recommended.

Agree, most useful (especially if you can remember what is in each cube thus avoiding unzipping each one when looking for some clean undies/t shirt/socks)

Yup. they're great bits of kit. I only got some this year and wondered why it took me so long to change from the same plastic bag method.

Because I’m away a lot of the time and don’t believe in unpacking clothes I’ve been using cubes for a number of years and wouldn’t go back to more conventional packing. Away from work they’re even more useful when camping because I just take the cubes out of my panniers and throw them to the back of the tent then dirty washing goes in a carrier bag until it’s time to pack up.

I use the "vacuum" type storage bags, chuck some clothes in, zip seal the top and then squeeze all the air out. It compresses them to under half the original size, will keep them dry if your luggage does leak, and makes it easy to keep clean and dirty clothes seperate so by the 3rd night all your clean clothes don't smell like the dirty ones.

Tesco large plastic foodbags - perfect for packing clothes in - neatly fold clothes up,place inside, sit on bag to force air out and seal. Area to write what type of clothes are in each one on the bags too.

Back
Top Bottom