Flat Battery, Jumped but cuts out

KickStarter

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dear All!

After leaving my F800GS (2008) in the garage for three months, the battery went flat, tracker not helping of course.

I jumped her and she ran OK, but as soon as I let the rev's drop to idle, she'd cut out. The battery was completly dead, like 5v left..

So my question is this, is that normal for a GS, in that flat battery = engine won't continue to run at idle - or is there something else wrong here...

Thanks in advance,

I’d say the battery is totally fecked. :nenau
Bung a new one on along with a trickle charger if you’re gonna leave it for a long while.

5v isn't a flat battery, its a fucked battery.

10.5 volts is a flat battery.

The last battery I bought for my GS was a Motobatt from Tayna,great service and next day delivery.

Kimbo

Sweet! It's ordered!

I've got my first overnight trip coming up this weekend and really quite excited about it hahaha

Glad you are sorted. I would suggest you fit a flying lead direct to the battery for trickle charging over the winter. I have run the 800 twins in two models F650/700.

Over 10 years I have fitted three batteries. I dont have a tracker just the std immobiliser. Even so the charger takes about 10/15 mins to go green, so the immobiliser draws some current.

I dont run the charger full time , I pop it on about every three weeks as I swap it around the bike stable. I leave it on for a min of 6 to 8 hrs or overnight.

I currently used Motobatt ( yellow four terminal) batteries and find them good.

Thanks Steve!

Sadly there is no power in the garage I store this bike in.. ..next time around I think I'll just remove the battery and store inside, trickle charging as I go!

Just pull the negative lead off and make sure it cannot fall down and reconnect

If its not connected then it should not loose energy

Sadly there is no power in the garage I store this bike in.. ..next time around I think I'll just remove the battery and store inside, trickle charging as I go!

Back
Top Bottom