Mac update.

jasp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a Macbook pro 2014 running Mojave and have been avoiding updates due to not wanting to lose Itunes.
Is this safe security wise and what happens about itunes....I have a pretty large library on an external drive , the
most important part of this is the playlists of which there are many.
I am finding it making me very anxious!
Should i just press update or can I stick where I am?
Help please....

Why would you lose iTunes? I have never had an issue and I update whenever available.

I have a Macbook pro 2014 running Mojave and have been avoiding updates due to not wanting to lose Itunes.
Is this safe security wise and what happens about itunes....I have a pretty large library on an external drive , the
most important part of this is the playlists of which there are many.
I am finding it making me very anxious!
Should i just press update or can I stick where I am?
Help please....

you won't lose anything.

Ok! Thanks will do the updates, it's been put off for so long due to ignorance!
Thanks for the reassurance, another win from the forum!

It'll very probably be fine, but I would back up my HDD as a matter of course before a major update.

Just back it up anyway, if it's that precious.

Is it ok to back up with time machine or do I need to do it another way?

Is it ok to back up with time machine or do I need to do it another way?

time machine is fine. or you can simply make a duplicate of your library and put it anywhere.

Ok, so I have backed up and updated today and am hoping for a little help.......the issues so far,

Firstly I cant seem to get Itunes to read my external hard drive to access my music library, I have pointed it at the folder in prefs which would normally do the job
but no luck (this portable drive is showing up and working) , any ideas please?

The second problem is that to download the update I had to move a load of stuff over to another drive which is a ntfs drive, always used it before, and it wont mount
it shows in disc utilities though.

The third problem I have is that I seem ton have 2 photo libraries and an iphoto library, I can switch between but cant find out how to merge them together.

Thanks for your help, Jasp.

Back
Top Bottom