Insurance - Stage 1 and extras

tis eye

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Getting a few insurance quotes online - pondering weather i should declare aftermarket air filter and pipes as well as a stage one tune.. never bothered in the past but maybe my age is making me question my decisions but it is defiantly effecting costs - whats the collective opinion.. :beerjug:

I always declare Changes like those, I don't want to give the Insurance Companies Ammunition for not paying out if I ever have to Claim a Loss.
I use BeMoto and they're really good about such things.
Basic Stage One stuff doesn't seem to alter the Premium much, if at all.
Even my Stage 4 + FXDF didn't phase them, and it's had a Ground Up Motor Rework (among many other things!).
Not the cheapest (up there with CN), but seem like a decent Company.

I informed my insurance about my stage two.

I informed my insurance about my stage two.

I declare everything to my insurance. It doesn’t seem to affect the premiums. The only difference was a big excess on the paint (custom) which is fair enough.

Ditto and agree with everything above. My broker stated that the underwriters weren’t bothered at all with the stage 2 I declared as they don’t think Harleys are performance motorcycles!

All done - good advice and i declared the stage one.. Ive insured with Bennetts and they were pretty good and understood the Stage 1 and beat all the Go Compare quotes by a long way.

With the PX fiasco and returning the Harley Dyna i had delivered last week i also managed to re-insure the S1000XR that is being Un PX'd for £100 so although a bit of a mare i'm pleased with the outcome - could have been worse. The S1000XR is now in the "for sale" section ;)

Back
Top Bottom