Facelift for a X Country, advice please

iddqd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am considering a few customisations to my X Country, and I wanted to hear from you what you think, previous experience, and any recommendation.

First of all, I am not a massive fan of the headlight: it feels small, and the grey plastic fairing looks a bit cheap imho. I would consider replacing it with something bigger. I had a look around for spare parts from a RnineT but I am not sure if that would look too big. Does anyone have any recommendation?

I wouldn't be against an LED conversion. Any advice appreciated.

Second, I would like to try a high fender. I tried an Acerbis one but it did not fit well. One I am considering is this duckbill one originally meant for a Triumph

https://www.britishlegends.fr/en/high-fender-bracket-triumph.html but it looks very small and would not protect much. Right now I have a stock one with the Wunderlich back extension.

Another option seems to be something like this https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycle...someone_help_me_identify_the_front_fender_on/ keeping the lower mudguard, maybe cutting a bit of the front part, but I am not sure how good an idea it might be.

Any advice?

Of the two I prefer the 2nd one but I think the X Country looks good as standard.

Fairing

I could let you have a Britannia lynx fairing for the xcountry if your interested, I have a sat nav cradle and two power sockets mounted on the dash.
I will get m6 wife to help with photos if your interested. The fairing has a cracking led headlight.

Thank you for that. I am looking for a more old school look, with a round headlight. appreciated anyway!

Of the two I prefer the 2nd one but I think the X Country looks good as standard.

My dad shares your opinion. I am starting to think I should have got an X Challenge instead, for the look I have in mind

Thank you for that. I am looking for a more old school look, with a round headlight. appreciated anyway!

You could just put a stone guard on it and bung an LED bulb in it. Le voila....

Attachments

• IMG_4579.jpg
    IMG_4579.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 147
I could let you have a Britannia lynx fairing for the xcountry if your interested, I have a sat nav cradle and two power sockets mounted on the dash.
I will get m6 wife to help with photos if your interested. The fairing has a cracking led headlight.

Is it this one https://www.britanniacomposites.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Lynx-R-fitting-instructions-X-Challenge-2.pdf
I'd be interested if the op isn't
This our X with a YZ250 mudguard, I'll get the part number if interested and some pics of how it's mounted.

Attachments

• IMG_20220921_0733201.jpg
    IMG_20220921_0733201.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 131
You could just put a stone guard on it and bung an LED bulb in it. Le voila....

You know what, the grid really does it for me. I will give that a go, and maybe replace the Isotta windscreen with something like that.

You know what, the grid really does it for me. I will give that a go, and maybe replace the Isotta windscreen with something like that.

The screen you see there on my bike is the OEM BMW one. You might also want to bear in mind that the headlight is the same part as the one fitted to the HP2. So, if you do change it, it might be worth a fair bit.

Back
Top Bottom