Security

tis eye

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been looking for decent security to add to my garage and sheds and have tried several options over the years mostly from Ultra Secure but all the hardware i have had from them has failed within about 18 months and has been unreliable.

I have come across this company. https://shop.yosmart.com/collections/security-intrusion-detection

A wifi hub, a three set door contacts kit, a set of outdoor gate contacts and a motion sensor for under £200.00 seems like a good deal for the peace of mind and all alert to your phone if anything is triggered, there seems to be a huge range of sensors available to add on but the doors will do for what i need - anyone used the yo smart??

I'm thinking i am going to give it a try - it's marketed as long range wireless with a claimed 300 meters wifi range to the devices / sensors from the hub which is pretty impressive - if it reaches 50 meters i'll be really happy!

Looks OK. Or you could try shotgun alarms.

I wouls personally go for layers of security for your £200. Yes get a camera but consider a Yee or Blink ( battery) for between £25/50. Both send alerts to your phone and need wifi.

With the £150/175 go on the security for bikes website and score a ground anchor and 13 mm PLUS chain.

https://securityforbikes.com/proddetail.php?prod=P16-x.x-RoundLockSteve

A lot of Security comes down to Common Sense too.
I've lost track of the times I've Driven / Ridden through Residential Areas on a weekend, only to have the contents of everyone's Garage displayed to me in all its glory.
I've seen just about everything, Kit Cars, Harleys, Panigales, even the odd Ferrari as I've bimbled through the 20 mph Limits.
Sure I know you can be followed home etc, etc, but why make life any easier for these Thieving Scumbags?
Hide your Kit People!! :nenau

Deffo on the layered security.

My opinion is to make the bike as hard to get to as possible.

Cameras that ping your phone. Alarm the furthest point away first.

Chains are all well and good but by the time they get to the bike, it’s almost doomed in my opinion.

Keep em at bay first and foremost.

Everything about the property needs to be a nightmare for thieves.

Gates are a must. Big ones that lock. As is a 6ft plus fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouls personally go for layers of security for your £200. Yes get a camera but consider a Yee or Blink ( battery) for between £25/50. Both send alerts to your phone and need wifi.

With the £150/175 go on the security for bikes website and score a ground anchor and 13 mm PLUS chain.

https://securityforbikes.com/proddetail.php?prod=P16-x.x-RoundLockSteve
I’ve got Bascom cameras up already that alert my phone but, as with Yee and Blink it’s just a “push” notification and you can’t set a alarm tone for a push notification, the push notification alert is set by phone system and with apple it’s just a single ping…. I want a alarm sound that will wake me up, ground anchors are a must and I’ll check the web site, hadn’t heard of them cheers for the tip:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom