‘Must do’ roads in the area. Recommendations please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadysteve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m staying near Amersham this week and have Tuesday and Wednesday free to explore on the bike.

Just looking for recommendations on the area for decent routes please. Not off-road though as I’m on a 1250rs and my mate is on a 1000xr:D

Any recommendations appreciated please. I don’t know the area at all other than the route to my lodgings so any info appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Have a look at best biking roads website. Also on Ride magazine website for Cotswold loops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m staying near Amersham this week and have Tuesday and Wednesday free to explore on the bike.

Just looking for recommendations on the area for decent routes please. Not off-road though as I’m on a 1250rs and my mate is on a 1000xr:D

Any recommendations appreciated please. I don’t know the area at all other than the route to my lodgings so any info appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Buy a map and work something out yourself.

Have a look at Kurviger web site. Create a round trip based on your chosen start point, miles and route direction (North/South/East/West)
https://kurviger.de/en

export to gpx then drop onto your satnav

Thanks , will do. Not heard of the best biking roads one before

It is good, there is an app for iPhone too. But you can also download gpx files and transfer them to your navigation unit.

I have a couple of routes on there too.

Here is the link to a route that I have created this afternoon in my lunch break. https://www.bestbikingroads.com/mot...nd/ride/exploring-buckinghmashire-oxfordshire

Click on GPX icon to download the file and transfer it to you Navigator.

The route is 198km long or about 120 miles. Which includes various places to stop at for a look around, such etc. Read through the route description on the website, for a better overview.

Have fun.

EV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom