Importing from Europe

big fella

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to get a bit of info regarding importing a bike from Poland and or France (long story).
I have bought in Germany and imported myself and that process is relatively easy, fly in, pay for 3rd party insurance, affix temporary exportation plate and off you go.
Is the process the same in both France and Poland or will a temporary change in insurance details with my own insurance company be sufficient to allow you to get on the road?
Finally, has anyone here dealt with either French or Polish dealers/owners and how did they find them?

TIA
Bf.

same type of people in every country, good or bad apples.
The Irish insurance company should not make a diffference when insuring the new bike?
The good thing in DE is the temporary number plate.
Germany might have have some good consumer laws, redress could be easier to get, due to the solicitor culture and 'law insurance'.
Polish or German bikers might know more English?
With many Poles in IRL, asking them could be of help.
Saw plenty of bikes on something with 'olx' in PL or the mobile.de. and a few others, kleinanzeigen from ebay in DE.
All the transport companies, the Sprinter-men seem to be Polish, in case you get the bike shipped. ( no Irish luck during June - August)
I have now a regular going German contact as well.
Cheers
hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom