Removing masses of flags II - RTW Tool

jojo77

Reaction score
jojo77 - I have created you a fresh thread.

Richard

=========================

I mate just prepared a route in Viewranger, and when I opened it the route wasn't visible for all the thousands of blue flags. I don't know off this was the way he created the route, or a "feature" of Viewranger. Either way, irritating to the point the route is pretty much unusable, and I've also seen routes like this created in Basecamp/Mapsource if the creator just rubber-bands the route.

The good news is you can get rid of the flags easily with the Javawa RTW tool

I am really struggling with this, I've made a route os explorer and it's here:
https://explore.osmaps.com/route/14...erlays=os-off-road-layer&style=Aerial&type=2d

but I can't get RTW to save it without thousands of flags.
Is there any chance you could give me a hand to figure out what is going wrong

thanks

In Basecamp,get the Info panel up for the route, then click the button at the bottom left corner with 3 dots and choose Filter. There is a choice of 4 options. I generally set a Maximum Points of 499 points so my ancient GPSMap60Csx can load a route or track without it getting truncated, but you can set whatever you need, or try one of the other options.

Operator error! I’ll upload it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the download at the link in post from jojo77 when dropped into basecamp confirms it as a track and not a route, i have converted it to a route as pictured below. is this what you are trying to achieve

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 90
Yes, this is what I want. The issue is that I can't get rid of the blue flags, when you zoom in is it a pink line or full of flags?

the download at the link in post from jojo77 when dropped into basecamp confirms it as a track and not a route, i have converted it to a route as pictured below. is this what you are trying to achieve

as you can see from the picture below once the track has been converted to a route using basecamp the only flags that are there are i presume waypoints/via points. the pic is zoomed in to maximum using basecamp.

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 82
as you can see from the picture below once the track has been converted to a route using basecamp the only flags that are there are i presume waypoints/via points. the pic is zoomed in to maximum using basecamp.

Same on the one I created. Create a track from the route with flags on, then concert the track back to a route. Jojo can either download the one I made or follow your instructions if he has basecamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojo77….

Do you have BaseCamp, yes or no?

If no, what software are you using to show you a route that is full of flags?

If yes, try the following, as suggested in this thread:

1. Convert route with its flags into a track. This is easily done in BaseCamp.

2. BaseCamp should now display the track of the route, but without flags.

3. Save the track, giving it a new name, just to be sure you can identify it.

4. Open the saved track and use BaseCamp to convert it back into a route. The mass of flags should have vanished.

Report back.

Sorry, I've been floored with Migraines for a couple of days.
I think I'm going to just use tracksm basecamp constantly crashed when I try to convert.

I had a try this morning and if I load a track and then record a track, I can export the actual track taken when I've finished and that was the only thing I really wanted but thought it had to be done with naving along a route and recording the actual track used. I didn't know it could do 2 tracks at the same time and recognize that I want to export the walked track and not the imported track.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom