V85TT Deposit placed.

It arrived! It arrived!
I’m a happy chap, it looks lovely.
The delivery chap turned up when he said he would, as per his message enroute.

I didn’t get to ride it as we have gone away for the weekend in the camper….bugger! Next week though, next week.
That's very nice, best looking adventure bike on the market imo and just oozes cool points.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I like this bike, but fuck me....220KG, too much for the power on offer. In my not so humble opinion.

Having risen an 800GS for a good few miles over a good few years it’ll be fine.
As I may have mentioned (I do repeat myself apparently), the 800 had a Ural sidecar bolted to it and I did a trip from New York to Alaska and then south to Ushuaia with it. Two of us and the stuff.
It wasn’t fast but it made it, proving that we always had enough power.

Again, just my experience/opinion.

I like this bike, but fuck me....220KG, too much for the power on offer. In my not so humble opinion.

They run better than an old R100GS (my favorite motorcycle ever until the V85, which is a modern R100GS), and practically the same as a Tenere' 700, which isn't bad. It can cruise effortlessly all day up to 80 mph or so, has wonderful brakes and handling, large tank, simple air cooling, comfortable seating, cruise control, shaft drive, tubeless wheels, and LED lighting. This bike can do almost everything and is inexpensive for what you get. But it doesn't offer high HP for low money, for that see Kawasaki.

They run better than an old R100GS (my favorite motorcycle ever until the V85, which is a modern R100GS), and practically the same as a Tenere' 700, which isn't bad. It can cruise effortlessly all day up to 80 mph or so, has wonderful brakes and handling, large tank, simple air cooling, comfortable seating, cruise control, shaft drive, tubeless wheels, and LED lighting. This bike can do almost everything and is inexpensive for what you get. But it doesn't offer high HP for low money, for that see Kawasaki.

Absolutely spot on! What more do you want or need?

Since you put it like that!

Absolutely spot on! What more do you want or need?

I need to go for a test ride, the tank capacity is brilliant and if it is comfortable and the power feels OK, then it would be a bloody good buy, I like the look of them and it is a V Twin...I just need to find out what the service intervals are, can`t seem to find it on their website.

Since you put it like that!

I need to go for a test ride, the tank capacity is brilliant and if it is comfortable and the power feels OK, then it would be a bloody good buy, I like the look of them and it is a V Twin...I just need to find out what the service intervals are, can`t seem to find it on their website.

From what I’ve been told the first service is due at 900 miles and then it’s every 6200 miles.

Thanks for that.

Enjoy your new bike, it looks lovely. :beerjug:

I’ll certainly try to, It does, you’re welcome.

Do try and get a test ride, they are nice old things even if they are a bit porky. ��

Motorcycle browsing? If so that is usually enjoyable.

My first ride on the new bike today. I managed to do 14 miles before it rained….bloody weather forecasts.
Anyway, 117 miles later and a fair bit of dirt I returned home a happy chap.

I probably should get around to ordering the Caponord front mudguard and extender.
Then there’s a trip to The Adventure Bike Shop to have a look at the Bumot panniers at some point.

So, as per my last post above, I rode the bike, it rained, it’s covered in shit and now I’m looking at the Caponord front mudguard.
I know, stable door, horse etc etc.

A bit of guidance from those that know please.
I see that Fowlers stock them and it’s around £55. My question is does it fit without modification and do I need all of the mounting bolts as per the parts catalogue picture?

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/2B001431

Thanks and apologies (for being lazy) in advance.

The mudguard bolts straight on using the mounting screws that are used on the original fork leg covers, no need to buy extra fittings. You will need a small blind grommet to fill a hole on the mudguard where a brake line connects when fitted to a Caponord. Sorry cant remember the size but somewhere around 6 or 8 mm. All we become clear when you have the Caponord mudguard in your hands.

The mudguard bolts straight on using the mounting screws that are used on the original fork leg covers, no need to buy extra fittings. You will need a small blind grommet to fill a hole on the mudguard where a brake line connects when fitted to a Caponord. Sorry cant remember the size but somewhere around 6 or 8 mm. All we become clear when you have the Caponord mudguard in your hands.

Thanks you. I’ll give Fowlers a call and get it bought.

I got mine from Gutsibits and make sure you get the right one. I think it’s the adventure version you need. Gutsibits will help. I can’t remember what I paid but in the £30-40 region is in my head. Also Get the pyramid plastics fenda extenda as the new mudguard isn’t quite long enough really.

I’ve also added the Pyramid Plastics hugger. I wouldn’t bother if I hadn’t already bought it. A faff to fit and unnecessary really.

https://www.gutsibits.co.uk/pr/TheShop/index.php?f=d&q=MUA00244.

It's the Capanord 'Rally' guard you need. The standard Capanord guard doesn't fit. Even with the extender fitted you'll still get the front cover blathered on mucky roads. Best to put some protection on the cover.

May be obvious but if you go for a fender extender, don't forget you need the one for the Rallye. I find it is quite an improvement over the Rallye guard alone

May be obvious but if you go for a fender extender, don't forget you need the one for the Rallye. I find it is quite an improvement over the Rallye guard alone

After a bit of an ordering debar Le I think I’m there. Guard on the way from Fowlers and extenda, Rally, direct from Pyramid.
Thanks for the help and heads up.
I’m looking forward to my next ride.

Back
Top Bottom