Alan Jefferies

Seems a bit sad to me - used to occasionally visit them on the back of my sister's bike in the late 70s, then followed their family's success and tragedy in racing. End of an era.

So you went 40 years ago plus and it's sad that they are closing? Maybe if you went more they wouldn't?

The 'buyout' would suggest the opposite. I assume Veru want a thriving business as opposed to one on its last legs?

The 'buyout' would suggest the opposite.
I assume Vertu want a thriving business as opposed to one on its last legs?

AJ's are indeed and they are a very successful & profitable dealer, with a very long and successful trading history, spanning back generations

Vertu have acquired one of the best BMW Motorrad dealers in the UK and I wish AJ's and their staff well, always had good service from AJ's

Rotherham

Think Shaun (X owner of Rainbow) still owns the building in Rotherham? There was talk about AJ’s wanting to move back into Sheffield? Maybe with the size of Vertu? :nenau This may now happen.

Just a thought.

TD
:thumb2

Think Shaun (X owner of Rainbow) still owns the building in Rotherham? There was talk about AJ’s wanting to move back into Sheffield? Maybe with the size of Vertu? :nenau This may now happen.

Just a thought.

TD
:thumb2

Interesting this. The rumour was that AJ’S was thinking about co locating with the BMW car dealer on Carlisle Street in Sheffield but it never happened. Im not aware of any relationship between BMW and Vertu although there may be. Local Vertu dealerships seem to sell Honda.

A new deal between Vertu and BMW? Seems unlikely. AJ’S as a Vertu dealership selling Honda’s in Yorkshire? Last time I was in our local dealership that sells Honda was struggling to get stock and Hunts at Manchester seem to have pulled out of Honda bikes. Interesting times!

Interesting this.

Im not aware of any relationship between BMW and Vertu although there may be. Local Vertu dealerships seem to sell Honda.

A new deal between Vertu and BMW?

Seems unlikely.

Interesting times!

Vertu have 70 dealerships in uk and at least 5 BMW dealerships in Yorkshire and North East

So I would reckon that BMW and Vertu group are already very well acquainted with each other and their own trading practices and aspirations!

So you went 40 years ago plus and it's sad that they are closing? Maybe if you went more they wouldn't?

He wanted to but was always put off by the thought of bumping into you there....

Tony Jefferies (managing director/founder?) passed away only last December so that might have prompted the family members/directors to sell. Even in 2010 when they opened their new showroom they were targeting over 10m turnover inside 3 years, and selling 800 bikes a year.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/8676637.amp/

As I thought Vertu wanted a thriving business and I believe as stated previously already have Coopers in Sunderland

As I thought Vertu wanted a thriving business and I believe as stated previously already have Coopers in Sunderland
My 2021 R1250GS was originally supplied by Virtu in Sunderland and the paperwork shows they gave a new vehicle discount of £1290 to the first owner. But, the first service (6k) done by them shows in the service book as the brake fluid change ticked but on the invoice there’s no mention of it. Was it done? doubt it if they haven’t charged for it.

My 2021 R1250GS was originally supplied by Virtu in Sunderland and the paperwork shows they gave a new vehicle discount of £1290 to the first owner. But, the first service (6k) done by them shows in the service book as the brake fluid change ticked but on the invoice there’s no mention of it. Was it done? doubt it if they haven’t charged for it.

did you ask them?

Vertu have 70 dealerships in uk and at least 5 BMW dealerships in Yorkshire and North East

So I would reckon that BMW and Vertu group are already very well acquainted with each other and their own trading practices and aspirations!

It’s Allan,, not Alan😁😁

I do hope they keep all the staff and their ethics remain the same. The fact it was family owned and always felt friendly was a big incentive to return. Hopefully Vertu will just be there to bankroll it and leave working practices in place, if it aint broke don't fix it.

The Rot has already set in...

AJs at Shipley have looked after my 4 GS bikes for the last 8 years. 8 years of great customer service.

The last time I took the bike in I was taken aback, they couldn't give a sh*t, an estimated 4 weeks wait to sort my bike out and then failed to diagnose the fault - twice. I sent a note to the dealer owner outlining my woes with the dealership ..but untypical of Louise, there was no response. I had the offending tracker removed, sold the bike and now gone back to Ducati, joining my mates from S Yorks who also got messed about by AJs S Yorks.

BMW customer services couldn't give a sh*t either, so I cancelled my new car order with BMW too.

Reading this, explains a lot. Vertu are going to inherit a lot of bad blood over this as AJs have gone from hero to zero in a very short space of time, I will not be touching a BMW bike again even though Ducati don't exactly have a sparkling reputation! At least my local Ducati dealership cares about their customers, they give a 4 year warranty on the model I've bought and a Europe wide breakdown service, which I may need lol.

A very sad day for W Yorks BMW bikers, I had been using AJs since the 70s when BMW was just one of the brands they sold.

Oh, I do like my Multi v4s..what a weapon even at running in revs of 6,000.

Rant over...

I’ve never had anything to do with them as I bought the bike from a different dealer at 14months old. I suppose I could ring them to see if it’s on their system.

probably best, they will no doubt know better, rather than folk on here.

Back
Top Bottom