Alan Jefferies

Alan Jeffries Service .

Myself and a group of friends eight in total, have dealt with Rainbow and later Alan Jeffries over the last 22 years. I personally have purchases over 20 BMW’s from them mostly GS and GSA’s, my latest a new GS Rally from Chris in sales , who gave me an excellent deal as usual.

Over this time there has been a core of existing staff , with new staff joining over the years. I and my friends have always received excellent service from both the sales team , service team, technicians , parts and the management. The sales team always do there upmost to give me an excellent deal as they do my friends and the after sales from the service team and excellent technicians and parts department is always first class.

Everyone always goes the extra mile , when the unexpected happens and have fully supported me with any dealings directly with BMW Uk. I and my friends wish the staff at Rotherham every success in this new era for the business , and look forward to dealing with them in the future.

I second every word of that gsman1. Been a customer since 2000 - my first GS. Bought a few since. I was sorry when Ian the sales guy left, and Steve the service manager, they were both nice guys and very good at what they did, but the replacements have come through. Had a few issues with BMW (wheels & brakes), but all sorted very quickly. I sincerely hope that Vertu can maintain the standard.

I have been a customer of Alan Jefferies since the early 1980s in the old building on Saltaire Road, although I did switch my allegiance for a while to Rainbow about 20 years ago when they offered better deals and service (IMHO)

Since returning to Jefferies in c2012 and buying 5 new BMWs off them since 2016, I have always had my bikes serviced there and found them to be professional, friendly and reliable. Occasionally things have gone slightly astray and but they have gone the extra mile to put things right.

I hope Louise has protected her excellent staff in the deal to sell the dealership and they are content to work with the new owners. A rapid staff turnover would be a good indication that all is not well.

Later this week I'll be in AJs and hope that the atmosphere will be as welcoming as always.

Mike

I have mixed feelings about this. I’ve always had good service from the service department, including lots of warranty claims on a K1200S which wasn’t bought from them and a replacement engine on my R1200GS due to minor corrosion.

However, they are comparatively expensive for used bikes and lost interest in trying to sell me a new bike once I escaped the PCP trap. They then seemed a bit miffed when I bought my last three bikes from other dealers (RS and GS from Williams, XR from Triumph West Yorkshire/Cobb & Jagger).

Williams Motorrad are part of a chain of car dealerships and are much more competitive in my experience.

I have mixed feelings about this. I’ve always had good service from the service department, including lots of warranty claims on a K1200S which wasn’t bought from them and a replacement engine on my R1200GS due to minor corrosion.

However, they are comparatively expensive for used bikes and lost interest in trying to sell me a new bike once I escaped the PCP trap. They then seemed a bit miffed when I bought my last three bikes from other dealers (RS and GS from Williams, XR from Triumph West Yorkshire/Cobb & Jagger).

Williams Motorrad are part of a chain of car dealerships and are much more competitive in my experience.

I traded my XR in at cobb and jagger you didnt buy it did you Reg Number S10 0XR

It was a good bike to be fair

I have found the service team good especially Dan, sales were ok when continually selling to me, giving me a few percent discount without needing to haggle, I spent approx 57k there between 2011 and 2017 on 4 new bikes but when I asked if they would buy my last bike back they were off hand and didn’t reply to me on an email, so I took the hint and sold it on here instead, vowing I wouldn't be back. They are happy when the rich boys roll up for a new bike every couple of years and they have it good with their huge catchment area.

Have been a customer of Rainbow (Ian/Steve) and AJ (Chris/Louise) in Rotherham for as long as I can remember, buying bikes and using for servicing even though I live much nearer to Williams in Manch. I was always happy to make the trek over the hills as the deals and service made it more than worthwhile.
Incidentally, although my current GS is well out of warranty, and I’m capable of servicing it myself, I choose to use this dealer as without our support they’ll go. The same goes for the accessories market, too. There are many well-designed and beautifully-engineered European bolt-on shiny bits that some of us think make our bikes better, yet some on here boast about how they’ve saved a few quid by buying some cheap Chinese knock-off tat, to stick onto a near 20K motorcycle! If too many of us keep being such tightarses the Chinese will eventually have nobody to copy from.
Rant over, and may your cheap plastic hugger never jam your back wheel up…

I traded my XR in at cobb and jagger you didnt buy it did you Reg Number S10 0XR

It was a good bike to be fair

It's a 20 plate grey Gen 2 which had 1200 miles on the clock when I bought it in Feb this year

Attachments

• Picos 2022.jpg
    Picos 2022.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 774
Official take over day today, new logo, reported on all the business sites. Allan Jefferies is no more. Won’t be long before the signage is changed on the showrooms.

Only bike dealer i have experience from in Yorkshire is Ritebike of Bradford

what a shower of shite they are, over priced and sales with attitude!
if that's how they speak before you buy a bike, i wouldn't like to have to return with an issue.
they did have a bike i liked the look of, but walked away because of the staff.

Sad to see another dealer go though, that many held in high esteem.

Alan Jefferies still shows as Alan Jefferies, wonder how long transition will take re logo Web site etc, if it actually changes at all.?

Alan Jefferies still shows as Alan Jefferies, wonder how long transition will take re logo Web site etc, if it actually changes at all.?

Their announcement said they’d acquired two BMW dealerships from Allan Jefferies, rather than acquired Allan Jefferies. The Sunderland one changed from Coopers to Vertu so I expect this’ll be the same. The Saltaire Motor Company probably still owns the Allan Jefferies name.

I've had a car and a bike from Vertu without any hassle or problems.

The former Alan Jefferies web site can now be found under 'VERTU BMW MOTORRAD SHIPLEY'

I am a customer of the Rotherham branch and have bought 3 bikes from Chris who is a fantastic lad. I really hope that it’s business as usual for the team there. It’s always an absolute pleasure to visit. Even if my last service cost double what I expected!! :)

Back
Top Bottom