Alan Jefferies

Yes John and quite sad tbh, onwards and upwards and still the same faces here willing to do what we’ve always done, just gotta get our heads around the new ways, I’ll give it a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know what's happening to DJs race bikes?

NOT MY EXPERIENCE!
Rainbow were renowned for their loyal customer base because of the way they looked after them.
Can’t say the same for AJ’s who (inexplicably) didn’t seem to give a damn for Rainbow’s greatest asset.
Admittedly things slipped somewhat when the unspeakable Paul Clarke was there!!!

And yet I dealt with him when he was at Astles ( now Marshalls) at Grimsby and he was very good
And compared to how Rainbow treated me over a pair of gloves he was fucking magnificent

IT cost them dearly
It cost them the sale of a pair of gloves
Servicing of a GS
and 2 new bike sales and servicing

Cnuts

I would have bought them online in the customer lounge and then walked to the clothing dept, to collect them

I purchased my GS in Sunderland when it was Coopers BMW. Now Vertu. Since then I have had excellent service from them. And from Allan Jefferies.

I bought my first GS from AJs in 2012 and had it shipped out, I’d not even sat on one before, the sale went smoothly as I remember.

You all might have more difficulty contacting themin the future .Rumour was that Fiona that used to answer the phones was going to be a casualty and all calls were going to go through a call centre.
My own experience with call centres is not usually a good one

Called in at the former AJ’s last week and Fiona’s still there :thumb2

I bought my GSA new from Rainbow in 2013 and have had it serviced there since. There's no doubt that the attitude of some of the staff took a serious downturn when AJs took over. It'll be interesting to see what they're like now that it's moved on to Vertu.

I bought my GSA new from Rainbow in 2013 and have had it serviced there since. There's no doubt that the attitude of some of the staff took a serious downturn when AJs took over. It'll be interesting to see what they're like now that it's moved on to Vertu.

I used to buy all my BMW’s there too

At Jefferies now for recall, staff still the same, was told it was actually better run now and that customers wouldn't notice any difference

I've not been into Allan Jefferies/Vertu since before the takeover, has anything changed at all - for either the better or worse. I've bought most of my bikes from there, had them serviced there as well, but always thought it operated better as Rainbow when Steve was there.

I've not been into Allan Jefferies/Vertu since before the takeover, has anything changed at all - for either the better or worse. I've bought most of my bikes from there, had them serviced there as well, but always thought it operated better as Rainbow when Steve was there.

Steve is out at Broughton. near Brigg now, running Rainbow Workshop, but you'll probably know that :thumby:

:beerjug:

Plus one for Steve.

I've followed him round the last 3 places because he is top notch, a more helpful bloke I've yet to meet.

I'm very much aware of Steve's ability, and he's a top guy too, but being a bit further south of the Republic of South Yorkshire I don't really want to travel to Brigg. But what I would like to know is what people now think of Vertu. Better or worse?

36,000 miles service plus new shaft completed at Rotherham, no problems, same staff etc. Then again only have Leigh work on my bike(s) past 20 years, so don't know about others in the workshop :nenau

TD:rob

That's reassuring TD. Leigh changed the wire wheels on my GSA due to loose spokes; even before I knew they were loose :rolleyes: Bike was only 3 months old and I was just off on a trip to Europe, so very grateful that he did.

When it comes to knowledge & ability he's out of the same mould as Steve.

Had my 3rd service with Vertu BMW (Ex AJ's) last week - usual excellent service - no difference to the usual way of being treated.

As far as my service was concerned the same staff dealt with me - Fiona greeted me as I walked through the door, Sarah dealt with my service booking efficiently and politely, the Tech that worked on my bike was very thorough and did a good job - also completed software update and Final drive housing mod.

No difficulties at all and I ride from Rotherham to Shipley because I prefer the service I get from them following the absolutely crap service I had many years ago from Rainbow and the then Service Manager Steve, who was a deterrent to dealing with them ever again. I have just stuck with Shipley because they sorted all the issues I had on a past bike that Rainbow were incapable of doing and I have had 3 bikes from them since.

Rik

Back
Top Bottom