UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For those that care, Alan Jefferies has been sold to Vertu cars
Remains to be seen what sort service we shall get
And yes I know its a GS site not a dealership site

That’s bad news. Virtue aren’t held in very high regard as Honda dealers.

Same happened to Coopers of Sunderland.

I bought mine when it was Coopers and got good service (600 miles was free), but can't comment since Vertu took over. Someone who's bought from Vertu BMW Sunderland should know.

Hmmmm

WOW....must be one of the last family owned dealerships? Guess "up ere" only Barrie Robson's left now.

Same happened to Coopers of Sunderland.

I bought mine when it was Coopers and got good service (600 miles was free), but can't comment since Vertu took over. Someone who's bought from Vertu BMW Sunderland should know.

Vertu have always been good with me

That’s bad news. Virtue aren’t held in very high regard as Honda dealers.

Just bought a used Honda car from Vertu Honda in Lincoln
Great service all round and competitively priced too
Last Honda was from Vertu in Newcastle-again outstanding service

Vertu Bmw cars in York very good no complaints, v v professional and focussed, very keen on feedback.

this should give the too comfy Jeffries sales staff a much needed kick up the arse and might get them opening Sundays now…..

Seems a bit sad to me - used to occasionally visit them on the back of my sister's bike in the late 70s, then followed their family's success and tragedy in racing. End of an era.

Seems a bit sad to me - used to occasionally visit them on the back of my sister's bike in the late 70s, then followed their family's success and tragedy in racing. End of an era.

End of an era because most people want to save money with home servicing or an independent rather than send money with a dealer. Support local services or lose them - simple.

A mate of mine picked up his new GS yesterday from Jeffries and when he was contemplating buying it, some weeks ago they told him they were going to be bought out imminently so get your order in quick, intimating that Vertu may not be as accommodating with discounts etc as Jeffries had been in the past.

Bought my approved used from AJ's in Shipley in February, had really good service, good trade in, delivery, free new tyres without asking, even gave me a lift to the station and it arrived when they said it would. Sad to see independently run family businesses of long standing sell out to multi-national giants. Ultimately a dealership is only as good as its staff and facilities, if that doesn't change it shuold still be ok.

rather sad, my first bike was from them in 1983 - honda 125

i did viist a few years ago when first thinking of a BMW they were the only dealer who just gave me the keys (after security checks) and allowed a full day plus across two bikes an RT and an RS so i could get a thorough test ride, so i did all over the yorkshire dales

A JEFFRIES

Had numerous bike of A/J always had a proper deal and workshop is mint ,i wish Louise and all her staff all the best and hope jobs are ok,thanks for everything.:beerjug:

I assume that includes the Rotherham branch (formally Rainbow) as well.
Feels quite sad after dealing with Allan Jefferies for many years right from the branch on Saltaire Road buying an R80RT, David Jefferies handing the sale. An R1150RT from their Baildon Bridge site and just having my R1250GS serviced at their current Berry Drive site.
Well over 100 years of history in that dealership starting in the old steam tram sheds in Saltaire in 1901 with Joe Jefferies, Allan’s dad.
My wife’s father could remember ‘old Mr Jefferies’ (Joe)
I choose to travel the 70 miles there rather than use Marshalls at Laceby, Robson’s at York or the former Rainbow in Rotherham, all of which are nearer. Never been anything other than very satisfied with Allan Jefferies. We’ll see.

When I was in during 2020 post their big refit the sales guy said they were now one of the largest Motoradd showrooms in Europe.

I get the impression it was all becoming a bit too much hassle for Louise and if a gift horse comes along.
Then I wonder if we would all do the same.
Must be worth millions

Back
Top Bottom