BMW 1150GSA major service - feedback

Nando654321

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All

Just a quick shout out to Steptoe for those of us who can get to South West London easily enough and would like an experienced independent mechanic for all BMW 1150 needs (he does others but I own an 1150 GSA hence my focus!)

http://gsshop.biz/

Took my bike for a service yesterday. He accommodated me arriving early and coming to pick up late (due to work), including a replacement bike to get to work!!!

Great job by Steptoe and useful hints-tips for stuff I should do myself as general maintenance.

Thanks Steptoe and hopefully you’ll continue looking after 1150s for many years to come!

Steptoe could have a free holiday in Ireland if he came over with his tools. No BMW independent here now and there’s a big demand.

Steptoe could have a free holiday in Ireland if he came over with his tools. No BMW independent here now and there’s a big demand.

I used to do “service days” .. arrange a Saturday at a UKGSers garage in different parts of the country, I’d service their bike and have a group of UKGSers watch and learn and pick up tips for working on their own bikes- also did a few arranged by Sgt Bilco in the midlands at his mates workshop, book in a saturdays worth of jobs on different UKGSers bikes, I’d turn up 8am and work through until 5ish, they were also a good social event for GSers to meet each other .

I used to do “service days” .. arrange a Saturday at a UKGSers garage in different parts of the country, I’d service their bike and have a group of UKGSers watch and learn and pick up tips for working on their own bikes- also did a few arranged by Sgt Bilco in the midlands at his mates workshop, book in a saturdays worth of jobs on different UKGSers bikes, I’d turn up 8am and work through until 5ish, they were also a good social event for GSers to meet each other .

This is a great idea!!! I reckon you have enough of us in the surrounding London area? Shame I just did a major 12k service or I would be more than happy for my bike to have been one of your show ponies!

Another shout out for Neil…..he’s been servicing my 1150 GS for the last 15 years, when it’s not been away being beaten up in Africa
e458b9b4bb1cd4823715661651947fef.jpg

And it’s still going strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but you do spoil it - even treating it to new plates

but you do spoil it - even treating it to new plates

Deise. You are right, I feel I owe it…so new Wally flaps, license plate, Sargent saddle, John Gemí chip, a tummy tickle from Steppers, new gaucho/shitbag….by ‘new’ I mean ‘new to me’ and sourced from the Treasure Island that is the For Sale section of UKGSer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can vouch for that, Neil did my bike a couple of times when Sgt Bilco arranged for him to come up to the Midlands for a day. As he says, it is also a good social and a chance to meet other GS owners and talk bollox!

The great thing about this site is that people can work on their own bikes with a little help and guidance from memeners like steptoe . What about millennium guy in Wicklow ?? Or Has he stopped working on them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom