A KTM owner for the first time

Who does the service work on your 1090?

It was owned by one of the mechanics at Triumph Newcastle and he did the full valve service etc not long before I bought it, I have heard good things about Teasdales and it is worth speaking to Ali in Ashington (Alspeed) who used to Ian Bells senior mechanic

It was owned by one of the mechanics at Triumph Newcastle and he did the full valve service etc not long before I bought it, I have heard good things about Teasdales and it is worth speaking to Ali in Ashington (Alspeed) who used to Ian Bells senior mechanic

Cheers :beerjug:

After 18 years of BMW, including 7 GS I am taking a chance on this
4122a7dc8857b50c56790ee97621deee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also just gone over to a KTM and gone for a 2019 1290 GT with the full touring pack. Getting her delivered in 2 weeks from a garage in Nottingham.

I have had 4 GSA’s over the past 20 years and fancied a change. Hope I have done the right thing….

Ah well, sold my RS last year and while perusing a local Yamaha dealership saw this….

View attachment 560341

on a ‘64 plate and just over 8K miles, so deposit paid this morning. Just a toe in the water to see how I feel about KTM.
I had an early 1190, sold it with over 50k on the clock. I preferred it to the 1290 I replaced it with. You’ll love it.:beerjug:

Ah well, sold my RS last year and while perusing a local Yamaha dealership saw this….

View attachment 560341

on a ‘64 plate and just over 8K miles, so deposit paid this morning. Just a toe in the water to see how I feel about KTM.

That looks very nice. Hope you thoroughly enjoy it.

Jim

Never knew about that - school day again. :D:D

Thank you :thumb2

Or you can remove the pillion seat and replace it with a hard surface. My GS always passes with the BMW luggage plate in place of the pillion seat and no pillion footrests.

Or you can remove the pillion seat and replace it with a hard surface. My GS always passes with the BMW luggage plate in place of the pillion seat and no pillion footrests.
Ditto my old GS although, coincidentally and not by design re the regs, I've now removed the pillion pegs.

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Looks great Neil!
Northumbria must be the place for katooms
My son bought a lovely 990 advent in white which came from Tony (ynot) of this parish and who is in your area.
Biggest regret was trading it after few years of great fun. Still misses it!

View attachment 560341

I've just checked my attic and I have a pair of the KTM panniers (plastic) that should fit straight on that bike.

You are more than welcome to them as you aren't from Sunderland. :D:D:D

I've just checked my attic and I have a pair of the KTM panniers (plastic) that should fit straight on that bike.

You are more than welcome to them as you aren't from Sunderland. :D:D:D

Whey, what a genuine Geordie :beerjug:

Do I need to send a copy of my birth certificate to prove I was born in The Green at Wallsend?

(pm on it’s way)

Have you got it yet ?

Nah, they were rushed off their feet prepping new reg’s, and now look at the feckin’weather!

They’re closed Wednesday’s so I’ll call them tomorrow. If weather is still pants and roads covered in ice or salt, I’ll arrange a delivery.

Nah, they were rushed off their feet prepping new reg’s, and now look at the feckin’weather!

They’re closed Wednesday’s so I’ll call them tomorrow. If weather is still pants and roads covered in ice or salt, I’ll arrange a delivery.

According to my Calendar it is March, so I think you will be arranging delivery ;-)

Although we had a nice week in March in 2011 and another one last year, so not due another for about a decade.

Back
Top Bottom