Portsmouth. Brittany ferries terminal

scooter paul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Next week I may have to recover a friend and his bike as he arrives from Spain but unable to ride further after passing through customs. I’ll have a car and trailer. Where is the best place to meet up with him?

===========

As your question has been answered, I have tidied up this thread.

Richard

If he cant ride, how did he get the bike onto the boat?

They have some bloody big loading / parking areas there

just pull into one of those and do a hookup / swapover there

Car park on the left before you cross the bridge onto Whale Island. Basically turn right out the gates just after customs and it’s about 100m round the corner. You could push it from the double gates if necessary. Used to park there every day for about 6 years!

Edit
Here you go
Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/srv43xyBsFqgWt3R6?g_st=ic

No way will you be allowed inside those gates unless you have the necessary pass.

If he cant make half a mile, meet him at the port offices car park, its right on the exit to the port.
Like many on here I’ve travelled in an out of the port many times but never have given a thought to picking someone up.
Thanks to everyone with positive suggestions and it looks as if I can stay in the right lane, avoiding going into departures, and park up and wait by the terminal office.

Like many on here I’ve travelled in an out of the port many times but never have given a thought to picking someone up.
Thanks to everyone with positive suggestions and it looks as if I can stay in the right lane, avoiding going into departures, and park up and wait by the terminal office.

Plenty of room to park opposite the port offices with a car and trailer - assuming your friend can ride off though… make sure he turns right onto Whale Island Way as he exits, the road naturally leads you northbound onto the motorway - M275….. you can though turn right…. And back to the port entrance, turn right, then right again and you will be in the terminal carpark

Plenty of room to park opposite the port offices with a car and trailer - assuming your friend can ride off though… make sure he turns right onto Whale Island Way as he exits, the road naturally leads you northbound onto the motorway - M275….. you can though turn right…. And back to the port entrance, turn right, then right again and you will be in the terminal carpark
Lots of local knowledge about the port ;) they’ll move you if you go right to the terminal, you’ll get tied up in the freight traffic. Honestly think the Whale Island car park is your best bet, and it’s not up hill like the route to the terminal is.
I’ll even pop down and give you a hand if that helps?

Lots of local knowledge about the port ;) they’ll move you if you go right to the terminal, you’ll get tied up in the freight traffic. Honestly think the Whale Island car park is your best bet, and it’s not up hill like the route to the terminal is.
I’ll even pop down and give you a hand if that helps?
Thanks for the info and offer. If, and it’s a big if, he does make the crossing there will be others to help me load him up.

What happened, did he have an off?..

I’m assuming the bike is rideable, him less so.?

Back
Top Bottom