The road less travelled

Richard, if you guys go for a "slow day out", I might tag along as well if you'd have me around :D

That be brilliant!

Always happy to meet more tossers, but this tag along lark, might end up being a mile long procession….. :jes

Poor Richard…

Unfortunatey many of these excellent routes are now being discovered by drivers using sat navs. Previously we had them to ourselves riding push bikes. The more popular ones have become rat runs and the domain of small vans in rush hour times.

Can learn a lot from following routes frequented by cyclists, love the national Sustains routes, there's something very enjoyable about travelling at a maximum of 25mph :)

That be brilliant!

Always happy to meet more tossers, but this tag along lark, might end up being a mile long procession….. :jes

Poor Richard…

he's going to need hi-viz bibs and a road captain

I did most of this route today Richard and ended up coming back via Clavering, Newport, Chishill and Barley past the Windmill and into Royston and home. There’s a great Bakery in Newport called Dorringtons which also has a seating area which was ideal for a warm up. Great roads although lots of gravel and mud from the tractors and a big helping of mist and fog. Still fun though.

I don't frequent this section of UKGSer. That is a lovely bit of road. I like these minor roads. When new to biking I planned my rides along all the popular bike roads. Great but it is a bit spoilt from time to time. Now that I've ridden them there isn't much point to ride them again but useful to know how to get to it for a quicker way back.

There is plenty of these little back roads that are very much scenic for the flat lands that is Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Buckinghamshire. All easily accessible from the Bedford area. The bonus is finding a good scenic spot for a wee :D

If you going this way again Richard, give a shout. If I'm available I would like to go with.

Back
Top Bottom