Winter Undergarments?

I tried mine out the other day under a Klim Marrakesh suit, temps were about 7c.

It was comfortable and warm from the moment you put it on, no problem at all riding the bike, however when I got home I mowed the lawn and ended up sweating like a stuck pig!

I washed it through the machine @ 20c as recommended, it retained its shape and dried quickly. Pretty impressive piece of kit, enough that I’ll buy the cool version for the Europe tour next year.

Agree Steve, worn last Week over Peak District when temps got to around 8*. Just had this and tee shirt over the top and badlands jacket. As temp drops another layer would see this being my go to winter kit. As you say really comfortable and going to buy Mrs WD one for Xmas to see if she will stop moaning about being cold and wanting the heating turned up.

As Wapping says, combinations
I have tried to keep the bulk down, more comfy on the bike
Ive got the Nivala jacket with the down jacket, works really well and doubles up for off bike
Combined it with Helly Hansen top either lightweight or Merino also carry a windproof top similar to the EDZ one that goes in it's own bag down to the size of an apple
Gerbing heated gloves were one of the best things I have bought for cold weather
Merino leggings (HH) under kevlar jeans good to low single figures with lightweight Goretex over trousers. Also got the windproof leggings which go into their own bag to about the size of a grapefruit

15 years of commuting 25 miles each way summer and winter I wore merino leggings under my leathers. Remarkable how much they made the leather more comfortable in the summer. A bit counter intuitive, try it.

tom

I wear normal underwear under my Rukka Goretex kit with the lining left in, in winter time. Above the waist I layer up with merino.

I also wear merino etc underwear and base layers when on a jaunty ride at the weekend or touring in colder weather etc. But for my commute to work and back I just need a quick fix as in something easy to zip on and off between shirt and jacket. I like the fact as well it'll double as a light summer jacket when out and about on tour etc.

Back
Top Bottom