CB750 Hornet

Yep.
Massive waiting lists into 2023 on some models.

So I suppose supply is still tight everywhere.

What dealers here really want are more side by sides and ATV's. Local dealer here sells around 200 "units" a month at a ratio of about 30 side by sides and atv's, to one motorcycle.
Honda have gasoline lawn equipment such as walk behind mowers, string trimmers, etc. here in North Carolina. Honda recently announced they will be ceasing production in the US of all lawn mowers, trimmers, etc. as of September 2023 and the factory will convert to production of Honda side by sides.

Honda have been better than most in my experience.
Had zero wait for ADV350 and from ordering to delivery, my Wing took exactly one month.

Honda have been better than most in my experience.
Had zero wait for ADV350 and from ordering to delivery, my Wing took exactly one month.

I ordered a NT1100 in September for November delivery.
Not holding my breath!

Launch day.
Looks fabulous IMHO

e7fb22957439b82199b88df933f90e3b.jpg

5574dec3c1bda9e3c028805006d0efb1.jpg

3f63c5ace301ae1aa7387c1389cbe0b9.jpg

86a561876c010db99efd720e8264c3d7.jpg

86b37711d0da8f145e5f73b86a3c4d0b.jpg

Whats that flap in front of the tank?
Looks weird.

styling

cb500 had similar on early versions but went further south

grey is ok but id want white with silver frame - doesnt look like they do it

had a yellow hornet 20 years ago :D

One of those buggy things like a quad but with side by side seats.

This is Honda's smallest Pioneer just 50" wide with a 420cc single cylinder engine which is handy on tight trails. Top speed is 38mph.

They also make 700 and 1000 Pioneers, the 1000 utilizes the Africa Twin engine and DCT. Honda's high performance SXS is their Talon series.

Launch day.
Looks fabulous IMHO

e7fb22957439b82199b88df933f90e3b.jpg

5574dec3c1bda9e3c028805006d0efb1.jpg

3f63c5ace301ae1aa7387c1389cbe0b9.jpg

86a561876c010db99efd720e8264c3d7.jpg

86b37711d0da8f145e5f73b86a3c4d0b.jpg

It might just be the lighting, but in the speedo pic the handlebar clamp bolts and the brake banjo bolt look like they've been attacked by a very amateur mechanic!

I would imagine they will sell in huge numbers though - this is going to really shake up the MT-07 market and in reality, for a lot of people this will be all the bike they need.

Personally I prefer a twin to an in-line 4, but that's just individual preference.

I like it overall but I wish they came fitted with real mud guards, the headers and front of the engine will be a mess. Curious what it will be like to maintain? Valve check interval and time to do, airbox accessibility?

was gonna go poke one this week but medical said no

possibly tomorrow

I had one out today, obviously proper roads with no traffic to mention.
Now...My only recent experience of a new bike was the R9T Scrambler, I had this from 2017 until I fucked off in 2021, loved it, apart from the suspension, which I did eventually dial in to be satisfactory, the seat was always going to be a masochistic thing for me...It was fucking purgatory. So my experience of new bikes is obviously limited, I am an old duffer who likes boneshakers it seems. :D

Anyways my true passions are V Twins and V 8`s.

So got on the Hornet today in the town of Castelo Branco, nice day 20C, dry, blue skies...Headed out to the mountains from whence I came.

It was very good around the town as I left, slow 50KMH limits everywhere and it was a delight to ride, no surging, fluffing or anything like in sport mode, so left it where it was, in sport mode...I was impressed by the TFT thingy in direct sunlight, no difference to when I got on the bike in shade, so that is good, very good...The sound was glorious, V Twinish, no, pure V Twin! (weird!)

So out into open country and the thing was just fucking sublime, smooth, powerful, predictable...Now I am not used to these 200BHP bikes, but I have to question....200BHP, that must be like taking crack cocaine with heroin...I would be dead in a week or less!

This thing howls as you give it the berries, it fucking loves it and with traction control on, it still lifts the front wheel...I am no wheelie merchant, but turned it off and scared myself shitless...But I reckon because the power delivery is so linear and full on power through the rev range you could become a wheelie master, it really is that smooth and predictable...Powering out of corners was satisfying and braking going in was equally predictable and satisfying, very good. You can pre set the engine braking, so you could fine tune it for a familiar route and have an utterly brilliant ride...

Suspension was adequate for my 83Kg mass and the seat was comfortable for the duration...I have a one hour arse and it seemed to cope with this fine and being a shorty fucker at just over 5`7" there was plenty of room for me to move around and ample leg room for my stumpy little 29" legs :D...I can flat foot the fucker as well, not something I can do with any of my other bikes, especially the DR800! But I like a challenge.

How it looks...I think we can all agree that it looks like shit, it really does...But once on it, you can`t see it, mirrors were good as well and with minimal vibrations you can actually see what is behind you without having to grip the bars tightly to minimise vibrations, because there are not any!

In conclusion....I just fucking ordered it in Branco ( White) with a quickshifter, as it is worthy of one.

I will either be dead in the next 12 months, or looking forward to the accessories that will inevitably become available for such a brilliant bike to make it a little better.

Go ride one.

Back
Top Bottom