Tent Pegs

The bench seat looks like it should be on a bonfire and not sat on!

Well spotted. The gate was put in / up by the fencing company but I wanted it to open from the other side so it got upsidedowned. :D. Well not upside downed but swapped side to side.

It could have been upside downed and then all would have been well with the world.

Back to tent pegs...save on the expense of washing them, and just have your pre homewards ride pee over them. :D

If it was upside down it would be exactly the same. Just saying.

I can own up to having washed tent pegs when I got home from a camping trip…

I’ll also add that I don’t think I’ve ever had pegs to beat these delta pegs - used for portable helipads, so secure enough for 180mph down drafts. How dull am I..? 🤣

IMG_1382.jpegIMG_1383.jpeg

Wiped clean with a tea towel before going back in the bag every time we break camp.
Likewise the ground sheet.
Everything put straight in the camping cupboard when we get home and no surprises on the next trip.

I can own up to having washed tent pegs when I got home from a camping trip…

I’ll also add that I don’t think I’ve ever had pegs to beat these delta pegs - used for portable helipads, so secure enough for 180mph down drafts. How dull am I..? 🤣

View attachment 311090View attachment 311091
I have 4 of those Delta pegs. Brilliant things they are. Along with some round 9” nail pegs. Very light but extremely strong too. :thumb2

These are the ones I have. 3 packs so 12 for the thick fuckers. :D

Plastic pegs,

Fuck me, lifestyle camping , have you ever got further than the local park ?

These are pegs :D

Plastic pegs,

These are what I’ve got now. Had loads of cheap plastic and various metal spikes, but these are the best. And that gate will need the diagonals removing and swapping hand to sort it, as has been said, turning over will leave them the same.

Plastic pegs,

Those plastic pegs are incredibly strong and shaped so they never move once in. Mine have survived some extremely stormy mountain top nights! :thumb2

Those pegs you highlighted are incredibly strong but very bulky and heavy. Not great if you’re hiking or lightweight camping on a pushbike. Great if you’re in a car or on a motorbike though. :thumb2

6” nails are the dogs bollocks when you go to a race circuit and find that you’ve got to pitch your tent on a car park and you need to beat them into tarmac :D

Yes, I’m thinking of Spa Francorchamps when the limited area available to put tents on grass was a sea of muddy water with tufts of grass sticking through it.

delta pegs for sand or muddy ground and these for everything else

Attachments

• tent 2.jpg
    tent 2.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 8
Yes, I’m thinking of Spa Francorchamps when the limited area available to put tents on grass was a sea of muddy water with tufts of grass sticking through it.
There used to be a campsite in Spa we used. Never any sleep though. Bikes racing through the village all night :D

Back
Top Bottom