Kreiga bags on a Himalayan

They’re the ones. I was expecting them just to be waxed canvas and not really good for anything other than a pair of over trousers and a box of sandwiches but they’re actually pretty well made, come with carry straps and drop on and off very easily. I’d be more inclined to use them than either the Kriega or Wolfman throw overs I’ve got for other bikes.

Cheap as well which is a bonus :D

I have seen the Royal Enfield bags in the dealership I go to. As Andy says, they do look OK. I may well have had then, had I not got the ‘free’ panniers.

The downside is that they’d be pretty much useless on anything other than RE pannier frames so I can’t use them on other bikes but if that’s not an issue then they’ve got to be worth a look. Mine were part of the package when I bought the bike and at the moment I’ve got the pannier frames removed so I can use a proper rack rather than balance a bag over the top of the frames because most of the time I use a 15l tail pack for my over trousers, lock and things like a bottle of water or can of beer. I don’t bother with tools or puncture repair kits because I’ve got the standard tool kit, a dozen cable ties and a roll of tape and punctures get referred to my recovery service :D

I've saved a bit of wonga buying Micky's bike which already has some useful additions included. So rather than scrimp I'll be buying the best I can afford. If that's Kriega then I'll go with that :thumb2
Have a look at Enduristan. Excellent bags. A roll top bag is much better for touring IMO. Have you considered one?

These DO look good and are quite capacious ...

I sent an email to the company thinking that they were based in the US. Not so ...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to tell you currently we don`t have dealers are selling this modle.

Thanks & Best regards,

Lucy

Hangzhou Xibu Technology Co., Ltd.

Add : Room 412, Aosiqi Park,No.1779 Xiangbin Road, Wenyan Street,Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, 311258

Email: shop@rhinowalk.com Website: www.rhinowalk.com

I sent an email to the company thinking that they were based in the US. Not so ...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to tell you currently we don`t have dealers are selling this modle.

Thanks & Best regards,

Lucy

Hangzhou Xibu Technology Co., Ltd.

Add : Room 412, Aosiqi Park,No.1779 Xiangbin Road, Wenyan Street,Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, 311258

Email: shop@rhinowalk.com Website: www.rhinowalk.com

They seem to be available from Amazon with next day delivery on Prime. Choice of black or green.

Price seems to be per single bag for the 20 litre ones.

Rhinowalk Motorcycle Saddlebag Waterproof Motor Luggage Pack Quick Release Motorbike Side Bag 20L Fits Most Adventure and Sports Bike Motorcycle Racks(Black, 1 Pack) https://amzn.eu/d/8gbDWTh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They seem to be available from Amazon with next day delivery on Prime. Choice of black or green.

Price seems to be per single bag for the 20 litre ones.

Rhinowalk Motorcycle Saddlebag Waterproof Motor Luggage Pack Quick Release Motorbike Side Bag 20L Fits Most Adventure and Sports Bike Motorcycle Racks(Black, 1 Pack) https://amzn.eu/d/8gbDWTh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. A pair of Wolfman panniers popped up on the forum and I took a punt. When they arrive, I'll fit them and post my thoughts.

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Probably irrelevant to you, but kriega os base works for me, not racks required.

Attachments

• IMG_20220926_203026.jpg
    IMG_20220926_203026.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 114
Thanks. A pair of Wolfman panniers popped up on the forum and I took a punt. When they arrive, I'll fit them and post my thoughts.

I’ve got a pair of Wolfman panniers and they’re very good but make sure you put them somewhere to dry if you’ve used them in the damp or the D rings used on the attachment straps go a bit rusty even though they’re chromed.

In keeping with the Enfield’s economy image, only use a second class stamp.

Well they are second hand bags! :D

I’ve got a pair of Wolfman panniers and they’re very good but make sure you put them somewhere to dry if you’ve used them in the damp or the D rings used on the attachment straps go a bit rusty even though they’re chromed.

Cheers Andy.

Wolfman bags arrived and fitted. GPS fitted too although I need to change the power plug so it can fit the one used to power the dual USB in the cockpit.

The old Lomo fits ok but I'll be leaving the pillion seat off. Next task is to fit a peg to retain the rider's seat.
435a058fa8a00ea9a026436dd8e5b7eb.jpg
8f3ee16eec55fc795564be720e6ddf13.jpg

Sent from Caledonia, stern and wild! :D

I’m going to be a twat here and suggest that I’d be trying those tank panniers higher up using the top bar of the frames.

I’m going to be a twat here and suggest that I’d be trying those tank panniers higher up using the top bar of the frames.
The silencer? They're already attached to the top bars Andy. Replacing the seat might give a bit more height. I'll take it for a run tomorrow and see how the bottom of the os bag fares.

Back
Top Bottom