New to Harley lark

I have a 1200 sporty too, a Nightster. I've been two up three times across France and half of Spain loaded with camping gear and we're planning to do a complete tour of all of the peninsular next June. We averaged 45, but could easily have got 47 as theoneandonly says.
I could stretch the 13l tank to 125/130 miles if needed, but in reality, even with my adv bike, I'm getting off every hour/hour and a half to stretch legs and so coincide with a fuel stop.
HDRCGB is my vote, I'm a member and discount codes are readily available to them also. Generally I find that they aren't the 'mid life crisis' buyers of HD's but the seasoned biker brigade (I'm not suggesting that HOG members are).

Late to the show here Chuck but congratulations on your new 2009 RK! I had essentially the same bikes in the form of a 2009 Electra Glade Standard and 2015 Road King. I experienced an annoying resonance or wind vibration at my helmet on both bikes (worse on the EG), with different height screens, when wearing a full face helmet with visor closed, but interestingly less so when open. On a whim I tried a 3/4 helmet with glasses and no noise or resonance so I rode both those bikes 95% of the time with a 3/4 Arai helmet and Panoptic glasses.
Further help with air buffeting came from fork wind deflectors which Harley sells. No problem wearing a full face helmet on the RK with shield off other than wind blast to the torso at speed from the upright riding position.
You should have the larger 6 US gallon tank that Harley fitted on 2008 model year and on Tourers. I typically filled up around 160-170 miles which was generally before the light came on, but typically could only get 4 gallons or so in. 220 miles on a tank should not be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom