KTM 690 vs Husky 701 vs GasGas 700?

Snowy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been about to push the 'buy now' button on either a new 690 or 701 enduro for almost a year. And now it's time. However, they are few and far between and not many deals to be had. My KTM dealer said he probably won't even get a 690 next year.

But there's a glut of GasGas ES700s with over £1k off and even 0% finance too. The dealers can't seem to move them. It seems a no-brainer to me that that's the bike to go for. Apart from the plastics and having alloy wheels instead of black, they're identical.

Am I missing something? Is it because they're red - is that it?

Nope-you’re not missing anything ,apart from good taste :)
If you don’t mind the colours of the Gas Gas, then go for it.
It’s the same bike underneath.

I was told gasgas stock didnt arrive till later in the year compared to other two which could be one reason for
Stock (personally not a big fan of red and the silver wheels compared to other two but they look better in the flesh) not sure if the £1000 saved up front will mean 1000 less px in a few years?, i can definitely recommend (690 version) only slight weak point ive found (road use) is the front brakes imo(would prefer a bit stronger to haul my 105kgs) , wheras the super moto has upgraded brembo calliper the enduro doesnt.

Was in the same position and it was a toss up between a brand new 700ES or a year old 701 (no new ones available).

As said the Gas Gas is identical to the KTM 690 with the 701 being a bit different in terms of seat and bodywork.

In the end went for the 701 as I really do not like red bikes :blast

Which-ever way you go they are excellent bikes - enjoy :beerjug:

The GasGas is worth a look if the 690/701 unavailable new, especially with the incentive
Are the brakes the same?
On the smaller GasGas enduro models, they are different to KTM and Husky, being Braketec

The GasGas is worth a look if the 690/701 unavailable new, especially with the incentive
Are the brakes the same?
On the smaller GasGas enduro models, they are different to KTM and Husky, being Braketec

Brakes the same on all 701/690/700's.

Are the plastics and tanks interchangeable as the bikes are virtually the same?

Then you could create a confusing mongrel of your desire.

The seat (plank) looks more wrap around at the front on the Husky.

Be interesting to see whats coming for 2023 with these bikes, and if any engine changes, no dealers have any details at the moment on 2023 or prices.

That does look good got the bigger wrap round hand guards and rear rack too so £250 worth of kit which i would want on mine.

And a Garmin Montana with OS maps and It also comes with everything a new one comes with as well.

There’s also a genuine Husky rack bag and waist pack that could be added into the deal.

Just for balance - I just happen to prefer the 690! ;) :p

....but you'll not be disappointed whichever one you get.

Attachments

• Iceland 2019 Photos 698.jpg
    Iceland 2019 Photos 698.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 2,973
Are the plastics and tanks interchangeable as the bikes are virtually the same?

Then you could create a confusing mongrel of your desire.

I don't know about the Gas Gas, but the fuel tanks on the Husky and KTM are different so the plastics at that end at least, don't fit each other.

Go with the one you like the look of best or you’ll always wish you had

A friend of a friend found and bought a new 701E in Wales very recently, so there may be others?

Quite a few low mile s/h bikes about on the 701 FB groups, but they seem highly priced to me generally.

It appears there will be a KTM690R for 2023...

<iframe width="782" height="413" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xkembzfYmFM" title="2023 KTM 690 ENDURO R – Master the toughest enduro terrain | KTM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It appears there will be a KTM690R for 2023...

<iframe width="782" height="413" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xkembzfYmFM" title="2023 KTM 690 ENDURO R – Master the toughest enduro terrain | KTM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's exactly how I ride mine! :D:D:D

Premier Bikes in Abingdon have a new 690R - I think they would do a deal on it, they called me to see if I wanted it.

I don’t as I’m sticking with my 11 year old one which is still fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a tweak - more orange plastics at back, bit more grey at front. Great news its staying.

My bike , current colours

Gas gas supermoto at my local dealers, looks good under lights!

Attachments

• 498F7F61-2BB0-4B19-BDAE-CFE232300072.jpg
    498F7F61-2BB0-4B19-BDAE-CFE232300072.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 985
  • 20D0EF84-3301-4B30-A1CD-F54E1E2990D9.jpg
    20D0EF84-3301-4B30-A1CD-F54E1E2990D9.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 997

Back
Top Bottom